ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin

CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
marcelhun
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin Reply with quote

Novice

Using default values on cluster sender channels, how long can messages back up in the transmit queue before the cluster directs new messages to an alternate endpoint?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

This one looks like an exam question, too.
marcelhun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

bruce2359 wrote:

Yes bruce2359. It is an exam question. Other questions are exam questions too. Could you help me to answer. You don't need to give the full answer about it. If you have some document or website to understand this question, would be very kind.

Thanks any way.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

marcelhun wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:

Yes bruce2359. It is an exam question. Other questions are exam questions too. Could you help me to answer. You don't need to give the full answer about it. If you have some document or website to understand this question, would be very kind.

Thanks any way.

First, let me ask you: what research have you done so far to answer your own question? What is it that you don't understand about what you've learned so far?

What have you tried? What were the results?
marcelhun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

bruce2359 wrote:
marcelhun wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:

Thanks any way.

First, let me ask you: what research have you done so far to answer your own question? What is it that you don't understand about what you've learned so far?

What have you tried? What were the results?

Well, I am searching by WMQ Cluster documentation, looking for cluster sender channels settings. Also, looking for transmition queues.
I understood what which part is (CLUSSDRCHL ans TQ), but nothing related about this kind of settings asked in the question.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Really, nothing at all here talks about it?

I bet it does. In any case, it takes reading the manual plus hands on experience to understand it well enough to pass the test.
marcelhun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

JosephGramig wrote:
Really, nothing at all here talks about it?

I bet it does. In any case, it takes reading the manual plus hands on experience to understand it well enough to pass the test.

Thank you JosephGraming for help.
marcelhun
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin Reply with quote

Novice

marcelhun wrote:
Using default values on cluster sender channels, how long can messages back up in the transmit queue before the cluster directs new messages to an alternate endpoint?

I guess answering like this would be right...

"When a queue manager sends out some information about itself, the full and partial repository queue managers store the information for 30 days. Information is sent out, for example, when a queue manager advertises the creation of a new queue. To prevent this information from expiring, queue managers automatically resend all information about themselves after 27 days. If a partial repository sends a new request for information part way through the 30 day lifetime, the expiry time remains the original 30 days.

When information expires, it is not immediately removed from the repository. Instead it is held for a grace period of 60 days. If no update is received within the grace period, the information is removed. The grace period allows for the fact that a queue manager might have been temporarily out of service at the expiry date. If a queue manager becomes disconnected from a cluster for more than 90 days, it stops being part of the cluster. However, if it reconnects to the network it becomes part of the cluster again. Full repositories do not use information that has expired to satisfy new requests from other queue managers.

Similarly, when a queue manager sends a request for up-to-date information from a full repository, the request lasts for 30 days. After 27 days IBM® MQ checks the request. If it has been referenced during the 27 days, it is refreshed automatically. If not, it is left to expire and is refreshed by the queue manager if it is needed again. Expiring requests prevents a buildup of requests for information from dormant queue managers."
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The information you found is something you need to know from a structural point of view. It does not cover Application msg traffic. I think the question is directed towards application msg traffic.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

That's where one of the right answers is it depends... Finding what it depends on will guide you as to why it might be happening...

So which came first? The chicken or the egg?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin Reply with quote

Poobah

marcelhun wrote:

In your quest to answer this question, ponder what the question asks.

Can you describe the circumstances where messages might be delayed in a cluster transmit queue?

What, if any, clussdr channel attributes might affect message delays?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » CLUSSDRCHL directs messages to alternate endpoin
Jump to: