ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow

Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:07 pm    Post subject: Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow Reply with quote

Voyager

BIP1027I: Starting message flow 'MY_MSG_FLOW' on execution group 'MY_EG' (Application '', Library '')...
BIP2087E: Broker MY_BROKER was unable to process the internal configuration message.

The entire internal configuration message failed to be processed successfully.

Use the messages following this message to determine the reasons for the failure. If the problem cannot be resolved after reviewing these messages, contact your IBM Support center. Enabling service trace may help determine the cause of the failure.
BIP4041E: Execution group 'MY_EG' received an administration request that encountered an exception.

While attempting to process an administration request, an exception was encountered. No updates have been made to the configuration of the execution group.

Review related error messages to determine why the administration request failed.
BIP4157E: The user-defined node 'IB_SubHandleError_2.JavaCompute' could not be deployed. Details: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.broker.plugin.MsgflowController

The node could not be deployed because an error in the node's 'onInitialize' method prevented the node from initializing.

Review the details given above. Report the error to the node's writer if you cannot correct the error yourself.
BIP4395E: Java exception: 'java.lang.ClassNotFoundException'; thrown from class name: 'java.net.URLClassLoader', method name: 'findClass', file: 'URLClassLoader.java', line: '423'

The message contains that data associated with a Java exception.

No user action required.
BIP2871I: The request made by user 'my_broker' to 'start' the resource 'MY_MSG_FLOW' of type 'MessageFlow' on parent 'MY_EG' of type 'ExecutionGroup' has the status of 'FAILED'.

Application team is saying that this flow is running earlier and stopped later for some reason. Checked in syslog and found the same errors as above so many times.

Any idea why this is happening. Where can I check for the errors related to the message flow.

Is it related to JAR files are not in place?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I suspect a bad installation or reference to a jar from a previous version?
Quote:
com.ibm.broker.plugin.MsgflowController

This class should be present in one of the jars in <InstallPath>/classes.

If this is not production try bouncing the broker, and take a trace, open a PMR.

It looks like if a java compute node does not have access to it's parent class?

Note that this could also be classpath related and load sequence related. It says in the error that the problem is within the onInitialize method of the class deployed...?? What are you doing there?

Have fun
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks for the reply fjb

I am at admin side.. I'll ask my app team yo check their code once.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow Reply with quote

Grand Master

srikanthc60 wrote:
BIP4157E: The user-defined node 'IB_SubHandleError_2.JavaCompute' could not be deployed. Details: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.broker.plugin.MsgflowController

What jarfiles are deployed to the execution group? Are there any missing?

What is the broker version?
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Below are the JAR files deployed to the EG and the version of the broker.

Quote:
BIP1290I: File 'antlr-2.7.6.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'asm-attrs.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'asm.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'backport-util-concurrent-3.0.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'c3p0-0.9.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'cglib-2.1.3.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'commons-codec-1.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'commons-collections-2.1.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'commons-lang-2.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'commons-logging-1.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'dom4j-1.6.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'ehcache-1.5.0.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'hibernate-tools.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'hibernate3.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'icu4j-3.4.4.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'javassist.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'jdbc2_0-stdext.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'jta.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'junit.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'log4j-1.2.15.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'ojdbc14.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP8071I: Successful command completion.

$ mqsiservice -v
BIPmsgs en_US.POSIX
Console CCSID=819, ICU CCSID=819
Default codepage=ISO-8859-1, in ascii=ISO-8859-1
JAVA console codepage name=ISO-8859-1

BIP8996I: Version: 8003
BIP8997I: Product: WebSphere Message Broker
BIP8998I: CMVC Level: S800-FP03
BIP8999I: Build Type: Production, 64 bit, rios_aix_4

is this occuring because of messages flow is deployed prior to the deployment of corresponding JAR file ?
rekarm01
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Re: Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow Reply with quote

Grand Master

srikanthc60 wrote:
Below are the JAR files deployed to the EG ...

That's a lot of jarfiles to deploy to an EG. No MsgFlowController.jar?

srikanthc60 wrote:
is this occurring because of messages flow is deployed prior to the deployment of corresponding JAR file ?

Very likely, yes. The missing jarfile needs to be deployed to the EG, (or deployed to an alternate location, where the message flow can find them).
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

srikanthc60 wrote:
Below are the JAR files deployed to the EG and the version of the broker.

Quote:

BIP1290I: File 'dom4j-1.6.1.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'hibernate-tools.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'hibernate3.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'icu4j-3.4.4.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'junit.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'log4j-1.2.15.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.
BIP1290I: File 'ojdbc14.jar' is deployed to execution group 'MY_EG'.

You might want to get back to your developers.
This sounds suspiciously like they are using the broker like an application server, doing the parsing in Java using dom4j instead of the broker's parsers and accessing Hybernate? How did they define hybernate as a jdbc type 4 source??? Sounds awfully like using the broker as an appserver... Just because you can doesn't mean you should.!!!
srikanthc60
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Thanks for the replies. Developers are saying these flows are running some time back and stoped suddenly for some reason. asking me to check the logs for the related erros.

I know broker writes errors to syslog. Where can I find the logs related to particular EG(MY_EG here)?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

They will all appear higgledy piggledy in the order they were written. I am sure something like grep (Unix) or find (windows) will allow you to extract only the ones for your relevant eg.
zpat
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

I would also demand an explanation for every jar file loaded in that EG.

Looks like your developers have followed the usual pattern of using external JAR files to do things that broker should be doing with builtin function.

No external JAR files should be needed. That's the point of WMB/IIB - to do this stuff for you, not just to act as yet another dumb application server.

Adding Java to WMB/IIB was a terrible mistake IMHO.
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

srikanthc60 wrote:
Developers are saying these flows are running some time back and stoped suddenly for some reason. asking me to check the logs for the related erros

The reason they stopped is quite clearly stated in the given error message:

Quote:

The developers should be familiar enough with their own code to determine which jarfiles are necessary, and whether or not they're deployed as needed. That's simple enough to check. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then the Knowledge Center lists the various places where the message broker components might write to different logs. But if the problem occurred "some time back", then that might have been the best time to check the logs for additional information. Log messages don't last forever.

zpat wrote:
I would also demand an explanation for every jar file loaded in that EG.

... assuming that srikanthc60 is in a position to demand explanations; not every admin is omnipotent within his or her organization. And, depending on how far along the development is, it may be too late to raise objections about its design.

zpat wrote:
Adding Java to WMB/IIB was a terrible mistake IMHO.

Terrible? That seems a bit much. Ok, many developers use Java gratuitously, (some more than others), to duplicate built-in functionality, or for other reasons. But there are legitimate uses for Java, to extend the functionality beyond what the built-in nodes can do. If, for example, a class called 'MsgflowController' uses the CMP API, then that would be a lot harder to implement without Java. Another recent thread uses Java to implement XSLT 2.0. And before the somewhat recently added functionalities such as the FileRead node or ESQL SLEEP, there was Java. Has it really been that terrible?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Getting java exceptions while starting the messages flow
Jump to: