ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQ 6.1 Channel cant able to connect to MQ V 7.5

MQ 6.1 Channel cant able to connect to MQ V 7.5 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Vinoth Kumar
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: MQ 6.1 Channel cant able to connect to MQ V 7.5 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Facing a major issue on MQ Client connection channel. Recently upgraded our environment to MQ V7.5. However my CLIENT MQ uses V6.1. Once we Upgraded the RCVR channel from CLIENT cant able to connect to my environment which has MQ V 7.5. But sender channel from my platform is working fine. Means Sender channel from V6.1 to V 7.5 MQ is in doubt state cant able to connect, but vice versa is working fine. So is this a compatibility issue? How can i get this corrected? Is there fix pack need to be installed for this to work?? Client cant able to upgrade their environment as of now due to project constraints. Looking for a temporary fix until my client is upgrading their environment to V7.5?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Vinoth
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: MQ 6.1 Channel cant able to connect to MQ V 7.5 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Vinoth Kumar wrote:
Hi Guys,

Facing a major issue on MQ Client connection channel. Recently upgraded our environment to MQ V7.5. However my CLIENT MQ uses V6.1. Once we Upgraded the RCVR channel from CLIENT cant able to connect to my environment which has MQ V 7.5. But sender channel from my platform is working fine. Means Sender channel from V6.1 to V 7.5 MQ is in doubt state cant able to connect, but vice versa is working fine. So is this a compatibility issue? How can i get this corrected? Is there fix pack need to be installed for this to work?? Client cant able to upgrade their environment as of now due to project constraints. Looking for a temporary fix until my client is upgrading their environment to V7.5?

Thanks in Advance.

Cheers,
Vinoth

Did you go through the channel status in-doubt trouble shooting procedure?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There is no version of MQ that is version 6.1.

There are plenty of security features in MQ 7.5 that would prevent any MQ client, regardless of software level, from connecting to a specific channel.

You should not be using any MQ software, in any place, that is out of support.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:

You must work for IBM.....

Upgrading (potentially) thousands of client apps can take enormous effort in regression testing.

Not surprisingly it's not top of everyone's list to do, unless the client app has to be upgraded for other reasons.

So there are cases where clients can be downlevel - although version 6 is stretching it a bit.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

You must work for IBM.....

Or this site's audit department.

zpat wrote:
Upgrading (potentially) thousands of client apps can take enormous effort in regression testing.

Not surprisingly it's not top of everyone's list to do, unless the client app has to be upgraded for other reasons.

Compared to the enormous effort of filling in so many exemption forms and risk assessments that, when completed, they're delivered to the executive committee for review and approval in a three volume set, leather bound & with the application's name in gold leaf on the cover?

It comes to business risk, and the amount of the automation in your testing.
zpat
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Automated testing has its limitations and can't really be used for production changes.

The point being though - when you present this choice of leaving a working system alone or incurring risk and cost for no apparent functional benefit...

We've had to pay for extended support from IBM on a number of occasions.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

I'm a little bit confused here. Are we talking about qmgr to qmgr connections or client connections or both?

In any case the op may want to look into channel authority records in V7.5 and try to understand what they do.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » MQ 6.1 Channel cant able to connect to MQ V 7.5
Jump to: