ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Trying to fix the issue but don't know where is the problem

Trying to fix the issue but don't know where is the problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mahesh4eai
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:46 am    Post subject: Trying to fix the issue but don't know where is the problem Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

Please help me for below issue.

Issue:

I have deployed my message flow in Dev server.I have passed the 60 MB file as input and tested the flow in Dev server it is taking 2 hours(Earlier it was taking 20 mins only for 60 MB file).I deployed the same flow in my local machine and local broker(MB8BROKER) and tested it is taken 20 mins only.I have surprised bit why it is taking so much time in Dev Server compare to local broker.I am expecting the file need to be passed in 20 mins in Dev server as well.I have increased the heap size and restarted the broker in Dev server but i did not get any luck.I had stopped the remaining flows in Dev server and only my flow is running in Dev server,but i did not get any luck.
Please help me for how to resolve this issue.
ruimadaleno
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

do you have some kind of tracing enabled ? like trace nodes ? or service trace ? user trace ? is this info written to disk ?

what are the differences between you local broker and DEV broker ?

same version ? same OS ?

how about the load ? how many projects deployed and running in DEV (while in you local broker you are running only one project )?

Rui Madaleno
mahesh4eai
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

local broker is running on window 7 and Dev broker(remote broker)is running on Unix.Both of have same message broker version 8.For both local broker and dev server only my flow is running and remain flows are stopped and deleted in Execution group.
kimbert
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

What exactly is the message flow doing? What is the data format of the input file? Are you processing the entire 60Mb file as a single record?
Or are you processing the file one record at a time, using the techniques shown in this sample:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.samples.largemessaging.doc/doc/overview.htm?cp=SSMKHH_9.0.0%2F0-2-5-0-14

To analyse the flow performance you could use accounting and statistics feed to identify which nodes are taking the most time.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSKM8N_8.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ac19100_.htm?lang=en
mahesh4eai
PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Message flow is doing for merge the files from two different environments(one file from is file input node directory environment and second file is file read node directory environment) and put in file output node directory.I am using DFDL message model and parsing the 60 MB file at a time.The inputfile format is .dat format.
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Quote:
are you processing the file one record at a time
You did not answer this question.
If you are parsing a 60Mb file then you will be using ~600Mb of memory to store the resulting message tree. If you are also parsing another large file in the same message flow then your memory usage could be >1Gb. Using a lot of memory can slow down a message flow.
Quote:
Message flow is doing for merge the files from two different environments
It would be easy to do that the wrong way. Can you ( briefly ) describe how the merge is done?
Quote:
one file from is file input node directory environment and second file is file read node directory environment
Is the FileRead node in your message flow called multiple times, in a loop?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Trying to fix the issue but don't know where is the problem
Jump to: