ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ Sender Channel inactive

MQ Sender Channel inactive « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Jaya Vardhini
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:57 pm    Post subject: MQ Sender Channel inactive Reply with quote

Hi All,

When I stopped the IBM Webshpere MQ services and tried to start it again, some of the sender channels under the Queuemanager are in inactive state and need to be started manually. Any idea why is it so ? whereas the other sender channels are in Running status automatically when I start the MQ services.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Sender channels don't start just because they are defined, that would be a waste of resources. Sender channels should be configured so that they start when there are messages to send. So, I suspect either you have no messages to send on these channels or you have not configured them to trigger correctly.

Cheers,
Paul.
Jaya Vardhini
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But could you be more specific as in what you meant by configuring them improperly ? Because as I mentioned before, some of the other sender channels started automatically when I started the IBM MQ Websphere service again. But one sender channel was not started automatically. And please note that this sender channel was created based on the other sender sender channels.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Jaya Vardhini wrote:
But could you be more specific as in what you meant by configuring them improperly ? Because as I mentioned before, some of the other sender channels started automatically when I started the IBM MQ Websphere service again. But one sender channel was not started automatically. And please note that this sender channel was created based on the other sender sender channels.

Triggering is not about how you create the sender channel. Triggering the channel is about how you create / define the xmitq.

Have fun
PaulClarke
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Jaya,

With respect the purpose of this forum is not to replicate the huge amount of information in the MQ manuals (and elsewhere) but to point people in the right direction. Did you do as I ask ? Firstly, verify that there are indeed messages that should go down this channel. ie.are there messages sitting on the transmission queue? If there are then you need to check that triggering is configured correctly. How to configure channel to automatically start is well documented in the manual. However, essentially you need to ensure that your have specified an initiation queue on the transmission queue and that triggering is enabled.

Cheers,
Paul.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ Sender Channel inactive
Jump to: