ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Arduino connectivity with MessageSight

Arduino connectivity with MessageSight « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
GeneRK4
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Arduino connectivity with MessageSight Reply with quote

Master

Someone kindly let me know if its possible to connect Arduino Uno with MessageSight
I am trying to achieve connectivity as below
MotionDetector Sensor -->Arduino Uno+Wifi shield/Ethernet shield --->IBM MessageSight --> Mobile Android

MQTT Client:Publishing messages MotionDetector Sensor -->Arduino Uno+Wifi shield/Ethernet shield

Broker: IBM MessageSight

MQTT Client(Subscribing messages): Mobile Android

I have already connected Mobile Android with my MessageSight Virtual Machine(I didnt go for cloud.I have Developer edition of MessageSight and been installed as Virtual Machine).

I am not sure whether MotionDetector sensor/Vibration sensor can be connected to Arduino Uno and then to MessageSight.Please advice on this.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

MessageSight should accept any MQTT connections, as long as the MQTT client is using the correct version of MQTT.

So as long as you can get the Arduino to emit MQTT messages - now that you've got the VM ports open... - there shouldn't be any issues.

Again, you may need to troubleshoot the Arduino's network connectivity in order to ensure that it can reach the MessageSight appliance on the correct port and that no significant security is blocking the MQTT endpoint on the appliance, due to policies or network controls in routers or firewalls.
GeneRK4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Thanks mqjeff...Now I can confidently buy Arduino
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

GeneRK4 wrote:
Thanks mqjeff...Now I can confidently buy Arduino

I also think you got a more detailed answer in another place, so I hope both answers were helpful.
GeneRK4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

No mqjeff...I have not got response that Arduino can supported MQTT connectivity with MessageSight from the other site.But you have given me positive response that it is supported.
My messagesight version is 1.2.And I read that it will support MQTTv3.Arduino UNO also supports MQTTv3.Hence,I think it would be compatible.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I'd thought the answers at https://developer.ibm.com/answers/questions/169069/sensor-as-mqtt-client-for-messagesight.html#answer-170177 were reasonably comprehensive.

Also, please understand that just because I happen to say that something is supported, that doesn't mean it's an official IBM position. Official IBM statements of support are available on the IBM website.

But I happen to know that the statements of support for MessageSight indicate that they support specific levels of the MQTT standard - not parts of the standard, but the standard.
GeneRK4
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

Yes mqjeff.I have seen the response given there now...
Thank you

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Telemetry / Low Latency Messaging / Everyplace » Arduino connectivity with MessageSight
Jump to: