ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMB deployment error

WMB deployment error « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
eai_guy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: WMB deployment error Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Guys,

I have checked this forum and also googled on below deployment error that we are facing. Please contribute if this should be raised as a PMR or is there a temporary work around or if you guys have faced this issue.

I have not seen anyone getting this error for below flow on this forum.

Flow is something like this - JMSInput node -> Mapping-> WS call

I am able to deploy this flow from tool kit to local windows broker running on version 8 FP 3. Also on Unix I am able to deploy the bar file on remote broker that is running on version 8 FP 3 via explorer . This bar is generated using build forge and we have an auto deploy that deploys this to Unix brokers. These brokers are created on run time by scripts that run when we use auto deploy utility. Auto deploy fails when this bar is tried to be deployed with below error. I am really confused why we get this error on auto deploy and why it works manually. Please note all other bars deploy just fine, its just above flow that is creating an issue.

Quote:
BIP1093E: The broker rejected the deployment request and reported the following error(s):

BIP3701E: A Java exception was thrown whilst calling the Java JNI method ''AdminAgentThread_getDeployMessage''. The Java exception was ''org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified. ''. The Java stack trace was ''Frame : 0 org.w3c.dom.DOMException: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR: An invalid or illegal XML character is specified. | @: org.apache.xerces.dom.CoreDocumentImpl.createAttribute(Unknown Source)| @: org.apache.xerces.dom.ElementImpl.setAttribute(Unknown Source)| @: com.ibm.broker.config.deploymgr.DeployableResourceCmf.generateMessageFlowLogic(DeployableResourceCmf.java:602)| @: com.ibm.broker.config.deploymgr.DeployableResourceCmf.appendBrokerXML(DeployableResourceCmf.java:137)| @: com.ibm.broker.config.deploymgr.AdminAgentThread.buildDeployPortionForZIPFileContents(AdminAgentThread.java:410)| @: com.ibm.broker.config.deploymgr.AdminAgentThread.getDeployMessage(AdminAgentThread.java:698)|''.

Correct the error, and if necessary redeploy the flow.
eai_guy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

To add to the mystery, same bar file is getting deployed using explorer on remote Unix broker but not through mqsideploy, our install script has below.

mqsideploy $BRK -e $EG -a $BARFILE -w 300

This was also tried from command line by just taking the bar file and it flunked with same error.

I am wondering why same bar gets deployed from explorer.

Any thoughts?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

could have something to do with the broker, eg, channel, qmgr. or bar name.... or maybe one of the override values??

Have fun
eai_guy
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

fjb_saper wrote:
could have something to do with the broker, eg, channel, qmgr. or bar name.... or maybe one of the override values??

Have fun

I don't think its bar override because if we take same bar file and issue mqsideploy from stand alone command line it fails with same error.

From my local(windows) explorer same bar file deploys just fine(also using mqsideploy to local windows broker).

So I believe its mqsideploy within toolkit that is loaded on Unix servers where its failing. Do you think different levels of mqsideploy should work in 2 different ways?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It should work the same . But may be it is. Do you have extreme CCSID differences between the qmgrs. (a CCSID that is on Unix that is not compatible with the one on your Windows box?)
eai_guy
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Hello fjb_saper,

This was indeed bar override issue. A property of a node was tried to override which did not have place holder. It was actually trying to override message expiry from MQHeader node which cannot be overridden.

I am thinking to access this from local environment, Let me know your thoughts.

Again Thanks for your comments! you actually nailed it and I was ignorant
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

would be one of the ways of doing it.
I would have thought that you can set the timeout property on the OutputRoot.MQMD.... or on the MQHeader node...
Or promote the property to flow level and then create an override...
Well all things you have to test out.
Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WMB deployment error
Jump to: