ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question

Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
MikeOliverAZ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question Reply with quote

Apprentice

I started with the IBv9 Developer's edition, and that worked fine, our company has a full license but for development I didn't need it.

Then I needed to build some benchmarks to test some design changes anticipated to see which design performed the best.

The Developer Edition is limited to 1 TPS so I needed the full version.

I had our administrator go to the passport advantage site and download the full distribution and I got that from him.

Then I uninstalled MQ 7.5, Integration Bus 9.0.0.1, Integration Bus Toolkit 9.0.0.1 and Integration Explorer. I also cleaned the filesystem of the previous installs and removed the environment variables and path elements associated with MQ and IBV9.

I then installed the full package of MQ 7.5, Integration Bus 9.0.0.1 and Integration Bus Toolkit 9.0.0.1 and Integration Explorer from the passport distribution.

I created an Integration Node and see its mode is 'advanced' so I have the full licensed version.

It all runs fine with one exception....it is still limited to 1 TPS, I can load a queue with 5,000 messages and it reads them 15 per 15 second refresh in the Explorer.

Local IBM was no help they suggested I re-install.

I sent an email to the passport advantage address but no response as yet.

Any clue what I can try? Thanks.
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MikeOliverAZ wrote:
Any clue what I can try? Thanks.

The Developer Edition is limited to 1 TPS by a workload management policy that can't be removed. Has that policy survived the uninstall of the binaries because it's not stored with the binaries?
Vitor
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Re: Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MikeOliverAZ wrote:
I created an Integration Node and see its mode is 'advanced' so I have the full licensed version.

Also doing an mqsireportbroker on my 1 TPS Developer Edition yields an Operation Mode of "advanced" so that statement doesn't actually hold true.

I believe (and will stand corrected by anyone who knows) that the operation mode relates to the functions that are enabled in the runtime. The Developer Edition is fully enabled ("advanced" rather than "standard") but is speed limited by the policy I mentioned.

This could also be why the Local IBM are saying reinstall - they can detect through unknown means that you're still running the Developer Edition.
MikeOliverAZ
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question Reply with quote

Apprentice

Vitor wrote:

This could also be why the Local IBM are saying reinstall - they can detect through unknown means that you're still running the Developer Edition.

Ah but as I said, I did totally uninstall and clean the developer edition before installing the full licensed edition from the distribution.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

MikeOliverAZ wrote:
Vitor wrote:

Ah but as I said, I did totally uninstall and clean the developer edition before installing the full licensed edition from the distribution.

IBM seem to have some doubt of this, and given that it's acting like the Developer Edition you can see their point.

All I'm pointing out is that the operation mode of "advanced" does not mean you're running the licensed edition & you need other sources of evidence.

You say you've completely cleaned up then I believe you.
Your system seems to disagree.
MikeOliverAZ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: clean up Reply with quote

Apprentice

Well yes obviously I must have missed something, but the documentation on the developer edition says that the Integration Nodes will default to "developer" mode and that you cannot change to 'advanced' unless you have the licensed version and Peter Broadhurst from the Hursley Labs was here yesterdey and said the same thing. I did run
Code:
mqsimode IB9NODE -o advanced
and that was successful.

He too thinks an artifact hidden someplace was not removed by the uninstall, and that wasn't overwritten by the install, but the web admin shows no policy in place.

I have entered a PMR so a couple more days wait until we figure it out, thanks.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Integration Bus v9 mqsimode advanced question
Jump to: