ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using proxy server on exposing web service

Using proxy server on exposing web service « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 am    Post subject: Using proxy server on exposing web service Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi Folks,
I am working on an IIB application which is exposing web service on. I have deployed the application on IIB server and shared web service URL with web service client. But My client does not want IIB server get hit directly by web service clients.
As in java application web service client sends request to web server and it redirects request to application server. Can I adopt this type of approach on IIB or is there a better approach(proxy server)?

Kindly suggest[/b]
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You have four choices.

1) Use the HTTP Proxy Servlet that comes with IIB and install it in a J2EE container.

2) Use the option to export the Broker HTTP config into a wsplugin.conf file for use by IBM HTTPServer and the WAS http plugin

3) use the option to export the Broker HTTP config as an Apache mod-proxy config and use this within any Apache HTTP server that runs mod-proxy

4) Configure whatever HTTP server you want using whatever manual method you want to know about the Broker HTTP ports and URLs.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Using proxy server on exposing web service Reply with quote

Apprentice

Thanks Grand master,

I am able to route request from Apache http server to IIB by configuring mod-proxy. But I am facing below problems

1) When I am creating a new project in Soap UI with the URL(web server) specified in mod-proxy.conf file on web server, i am finding my original URL(specified in SOAP Input node) getting exposed on URL bar when i am hitting request of any operation.

2) When I am hitting the URL( web server) with "?wsdl" on browser I am finding my original URL(specified in SOAP Input node) exposed on "<soap:address location>".

Kindly suggest how to hide the URL specified on IIB.

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Using proxy server on exposing web service
Jump to: