ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » DataPower truncates MQ messages

DataPower truncates MQ messages « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:31 am    Post subject: DataPower truncates MQ messages Reply with quote

Grand Master

I have a simple MPGW that uses an MQ front side handler and a dynamic endpoint. The input message is not transformed, an XSL just resolves the dynamic endpoint url from the input queue name.

Messages in the output queue are one byte shorter than the original message. The first byte of the payload is missing.

Someone told me that someone else had told that this is because DP does not handle MQMD as a fixed lenght field. So it expects MQMD to be one byte longer than it actually is? Doesn't sound right.

Can somebody explain what happens and how to avoid it?
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I finally found out what happens.

The MPGW policy had two rules. The first rule never matched. The output messages were one byte shorter than the input messages and it was the first byte of the payload that was missing.

I deleted the first rule. Now the messages come out intact.

I put the rule back. DP erased the first byte of the payload message.

I added another copy of the non-matching rule. DP erased two first bytes.

My conclusion is that for every rule that is tested before a match is found, the payload message becomes one byte shorter.
Esa
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The problem was that my match rule was not very well crafted. The infocenter says that you cannot access context variables from a match action, but I wanted to test it anyway. But my XPath was not a conditional expression but an assingment...
That you cannot access context variables from within a match action is only partially true. You cannot read them (because they are not initialized yet), but you can write them. Writing an MQMD header field in a match action has interesting consequences...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » DataPower truncates MQ messages
Jump to: