ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Replace null character in mapping node in V8.

Replace null character in mapping node in V8. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Sachin20
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:07 am    Post subject: Replace null character in mapping node in V8. Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using graphical data mapping node to transform cobol to xml. one of the copybook field i am getting null character. I need to replace with 0 and tried below and did not replace null characters.
custom xpath
fn:replace($AMT,'NUL','0')

fn:replace($AMT,'<NUL>','0')

fn:replace($AMT,NULL,'0').

Please share your thoughts.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You should adjust the incoming message model (DFDL or MRM) to do this replacement for you.
Sachin20
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I selected check box for Recognize null values for all fields when i defined message model for cobol data. did not help.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Sachin20 wrote:
I selected check box for Recognize null values for all fields when i defined message model for cobol data. did not help.

You should probably try something else then.......

I wonder if there's more than one option you can specify.

I wonder if (as it's v if you're using DFDL or MRM?
kimbert
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

So your input format allows null characters ( 0x00 ) but the output format ( XML ) does not. You need to translate the null characters to a valid character, or else remove them.

DFDL and MRM cannot perform character substitutions on string values - that is the task of a transformation language, not a parser.

I suggest that you do this in ESQL or Java if you cannot make the Mapping node do what you require.
Sachin20
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using DFDL parser.
martinb
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

A new topic was added to the IIB v9 Knowledge Center "Handling nulls in message maps".

You need to confirm if your model defines the field as nillable, if so you can detect the nilled value using the fn:nilled() function in the map. If it's not then it's likely the NULL value will be represented as an empty field. Assuming a character type, you could use a test for empty string in a map using,

Code:
$<variable> = ''

So to transform this in a Graphical Map you can use an If Else transform with a condition on the input value and either use a Move transform to pass the valid value to your target XML, or an Assign transform to set the required value when the input is NULL

Note Alternatively if the target XML element was modeled as nillable, then setting it from a nilled source would create an empty XML element with the xsi:nil attribute set to true.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Replace null character in mapping node in V8.
Jump to: