ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to call an oracle stored procedure

Unable to call an oracle stored procedure « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
al000y
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

We are using oracle drivers and it work perfectly, even for calling procedures with no in or out parameters it work great, only put IN or OUT parameters I got an exception

I will try to use the IBM DB2 drivers that come with the broker
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can't use a DB2 driver to talk to an Oracle Database.

That's not what I said you should do.

What I said you should do is use the Oracle driver that comes with Broker. This is not the same thing as the Oracle driver that comes with Oracle!

And, for the last time, please post the full definition of the ODBC DSN that is being used by the Compute node.

fj- i've no idea about v10. mqsiversion shows how much I'm forgetting already
al000y
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

ODBC used by the node is pointing to SQORA32.DLL
the version of the file 3.51
That's the only thing that I can get. Go easy on me
al000y
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Any help?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

There are two basic possibilities:
1) Oracle 11 just won't work.
2) The DSN is not set up properly, with the right "workarounds" value, or the wrong driver or otherwise just incorrect.

Until you can verify the properties of the DSN against the documentation for Broker v5 (which hopefully someone has a local copy of, since the v5 doc is no longer available on IBM website...), you can't tell which the problem is.

The best long term solution is to either a) start building an IIB v9 system and recoding/"migrating" everything running in v5, or b) get a new job/assignment at some other place that isn't running such an obsolete piece of software.
al000y
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

It is MQSeries DataDirect 4.10 32-BIT Oracle8.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Ok. That vaguely sounds like the right file.

But there's again no guarantee that it supports Oracle 11.

And I can't offer any more advice, because I don't have a local copy of the v5 documentation, so I don't know what the various *other* fields of the DSN should be set to, including the Workarounds field.

I repeat, I don't know what they should be, so even if you posted them, I couldn't help. I thought I would have been able to help, but I forgot that the v5 documentation is no longer online.

So, again. Either the DSN is not configured correctly, AND YOU NEED A COPY OF THE V5 DOCS TO CONFIRM THAT, or Oracle 11 won't work with this driver and this version of Broker.
al000y
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Mqjeff, thanx for your patient.
I will describe to you the situation exactly

When I used the drivers that's comes with the broker everything works fine and I got the results correctly from the procedure but we are not using that drivers with our broker, we are using oracle drivers that I mentioned previously and also everything works fine except for calling procedures, the variable type get mismatch in some cases.
When I put the out var in the procedure as char and it's contains only one letter there is no errors but when I put more that one chars I got that error.
If you need the documentation I can provided it to you.

Seeking your help on that since every flow we have are using oracle 9 and 11 drivers and I cannot change that.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

al000y wrote:
When I used the drivers that's comes with the broker everything works fine and I got the results correctly from the procedure

That's because it's the driver you're supposed to use, and the only driver that's supported or tested against.

al000y wrote:
but we are not using that drivers with our broker, we are using oracle drivers that I mentioned previously and also everything works fine except for calling procedures, the variable type get mismatch in some cases.

That's because the Oracle driver is the wrong driver to use. So when you use the wrong driver, things don't work. When you use the right driver, things work.

I can't help you change the product to work correctly with the wrong driver.

Nobody can help you change the product to work with the wrong driver, even IBM, even if you got a super-high-priority-critical-situation. They simply won't make patches to v5 at that level, even with an extended support contract (which I know you don't have, because nobody has any for v5).

So, again. Use the driver that comes with Broker. That's the driver you have to use.
hotrock026
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

al000y wrote:I'm getting this exception
[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small ORA-06512: at "SBB.CRYPT_AUTH", line 4 ORA-06512: at line 1

This happens only when your are sending the data more then the expected to the filed delared in the procedure..

check your request message and its field lengths are matching with the procedure filed length...only at this particular time u will receive this kind of issue...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Unable to call an oracle stored procedure
Jump to: