ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MSCS MQ Role can't start after server reboot. MQ 7.5.0.1

MSCS MQ Role can't start after server reboot. MQ 7.5.0.1 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sebwerner
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: MSCS MQ Role can't start after server reboot. MQ 7.5.0.1 Reply with quote

Hi,

i have a problem with a freshly installed MSCS MQ Cluster.

I installed Websphere MQ on both cluster nodes and created the queue manager using the following command:
Code:
crtmqm -lc -lp 20 -ls 20 -lf 32768 -a "Domain.Name\domain mqm" PEMQMGR

I moved the queue manager files onto the shared drive using this command:
Code:
hamvmqm /m PEMQMGR/dd "e:\WebSphere MQ" /ld "e:\WebSphere MQ\log"

After the move, i started the Queue Manager on Node A, stopped it, failed over to Node B and started the Queue Manger there. Everything successful.

I stopped the Queue Manager and added the cluster Role as described here: http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.mq.con.doc%2Fq017940_.htm

After creating the cluster Role, the Queue Manager starts and fails over using the Cluster manager with no issues.

Once i reboot any of my nodes, i can no longer fail over to the rebooted node. I have to delete the Cluster Role and recreate it. The error message the cluster gives me is the following:

Quote:
Error Code: 0x800700c1
%1 is not a valid Win32 application

Anybody ran into this before?
sys1jlc
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
We are currently experiencing the same type of issue under Windows 2012. Did you ever resolve your problem? And if so, what was the solution?
Thank you!
sebwerner
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i fixed that issue by unchecking the "start in different resource pool" option.

my MQ starts now. My next problem is the Integration Bus
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sebwerner wrote:
I think i fixed that issue by unchecking the "start in different resource pool" option.

my MQ starts now. My next problem is the Integration Bus

You should really upgrade to MQ 7.5.0.3. A number of problems have been fixed between 7.5.0.1 and 7.5.0.3...

Have fun
sys1jlc
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!
zhaider
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

I'm having the same problem, though my issue is the role comes online once I click on it and start role.

It only happens when I reboot/shutdown either of the nodes,, it always fails to start automatically and it's the queue manager resource that always fails. It comes online the second time.

I tried checking/unchecking 'Run in a separate resource pool' but nothing happened.

For now, I have set the restart resource time after failing to be '1 minute' in policy for queue manager resource. So it comes online after one minute of failing the first time.
jaiveerr
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to bring the resource online after I unchecked 'Run in separate Resource pool'; but the resource fails to come online automatically whenever a node is rebooted.

zhaider: looks like the same scenario that you had; please let me know if you were able to fix this.

Thank you!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » MSCS MQ Role can't start after server reboot. MQ 7.5.0.1
Jump to: