ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Error while adding the signed certs using GSK

Error while adding the signed certs using GSK « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
b_anup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Error while adding the signed certs using GSK Reply with quote

Novice

Hi All,

We are getting below error while adding signed certificate in queue manager SSL directory.

"An error occurred while receiving the certificate from the given file"

We have MQ 6.0.0.0 version on solaris server.
We have below GSK version
PKGINST: gsk7bas
VERSION: 7.0.3.15
PKGINST: gsk7bas64
VERSION: 7.0.3.15

Following steps are performed before we got an error.

a> Kdb creation
gsk7cmd -keydb -create -db /var/mqm/qmgrs/XXXXXXXX/ssl/XXXXXXXX.kdb -pw ******* -type cms -expire 500 -stash
b> Adding the partner CA cert
gsk7cmd -cert -add -db /var/mqm/qmgrs/XXXXXXXX/ssl/XXXXXXXX.kdb -pw <password> -label label1 -file PublicCertTest.cer -format ascii
c> Cert Request creation on own server:
gsk7cmd -certreq -create -db /var/mqm/qmgrs/XXXXXXXX/ssl/XXXXXXXX.kdb -pw <password> -label label2 -dn "CN=XXXXXXXX,OU=WMQ,O=**,C=++" -file XXXXXXXXreq.arm -size 1024

where,
XXXXXXXX is queue manager name
** and ++ are the details

When we tried to add signed certificate from partner, with below command we are getting the error.

gsk7cmd -cert -receive -db /var/mqm/qmgrs/XXXXXXXX/ssl/XXXXXXXX.kdb -pw ***** -file FILEName.cer -format ascii

Could you please provide any help to resolve this error?

Thanks & Regards,
smdavies99
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

WMQ 6.0.0.0 ?????

No fixpacks? Are you sure that none of the FixPacks release by IBM contained fixes for the issue you are seeing?

This version went out of support a long time ago.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
b_anup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Jedi,

Thanks for your reply.

Currently we do not have any fix pack installed. Could you please suggest any fix pack version?
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

b_anup wrote:
Currently we do not have any fix pack installed. Could you please suggest any fix pack version?

Given that all versions of WMQv6 are now out of support and have been for some time, adding a fix pack is a bit like putting lipstick on a pig.

You could try this, which is the only v6 fix pack left to consider. But note:

- this is a long, long way forward from what you're currently running (which was released in 2005!) and you'll need to regression test the **** out of your system to ensure none of the fixes / changed behaviours trip up any of your applications
- IIRC gsk7 came with WMQv7 and there's no guarantee that it will work even after the fix pack
- Both of these problems are the direct result of you being so far back version and if anyone on the site starts whining then you should point out that if they'd moved with the times then all this would be much easier.

My 2 cents - forget the fix pack, move to a supported WMQ. It's the same level of regression testing but with the fix pack you'll still be on an unsupported level, albeit a fixed one.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Examine the file your partner sent you, carefully, because depending on what platform it was signed on, or what text editor they used to copy/paste into, there may be some escape characters in there (Windows has a bad habit of inserting ^M) and they don't always show up in a 'cat' or 'more', so use vi...
tczielke
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian

od (octaldump) is also helpful when you want to byte inspect a file on Solaris.
b_anup
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I have tried doing a vi and it looks good.

Had there been any ctrl+M character it would have shown there.
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

b_anup wrote:

OK, so I have had this before (occasionally with that vintage of software) where an apparently perfectly good request has not been matched by the signed cert, so, delete the current request, regenerate another one, get it signed, and see if you get the same error.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

exerk wrote:
b_anup wrote:

OK, so I have had this before (occasionally with that vintage of software) where an apparently perfectly good request has not been matched by the signed cert, so, delete the current request, regenerate another one, get it signed, and see if you get the same error.

Or do the sensible (if more time consuming) thing and abandon the vintage software.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » Error while adding the signed certs using GSK
Jump to: