ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WS-authentication using HTTPINputHeader vs SOAPHeader

WS-authentication using HTTPINputHeader vs SOAPHeader « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
vickas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:30 am    Post subject: WS-authentication using HTTPINputHeader vs SOAPHeader Reply with quote

Centurion

Hie All ,

I am able to implement the web service authentication & authorization using HTTP nodes in several ways.

I have created the security profile(LDAP) & configured to the final bar and chose default propagation on the security tab of HTTP INPUT node and hit the service provider using NETTOOL ( checked the authentication tab - provided the uname n pwd ) & it worked perfectly.
the other way , i chose username + password (provided the Xpath of the uname n pwd ) on the security tab of HTTP INPUT node and hit the service provider using NETTOOL . & worked perfectly.

and then i wanted to implement it using SOAP nodes as well ,
i used the same security profile and hit the serviceprovider using SOAPUI fillling in the details of AUTH tab & it worked perfectly .

In all above scenerios , one thing commonly noticed is , encoded uname n pwd are being populated in HTTPInputHeader before i hit the service.

now, when i tried to implement Ws-security by including the authentication details in SOAP Headers , it Didnt work ??
How do i achieve this ?

and is implementing authentication using InputHttpHeader & SoapHeader the same ?? which is more preferable ?? what is the diff ??
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Enable the default WSSEC10 Provider profile on the flow.
vickas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

@MQjeff , ThAnx for your inputs .
yea , I chose the existing WSS10Default while trying out the above mentioned scenerio - it didnt work with SOAP nodes.
I have authenticated web services flows by populating uname n pwd (base64encoded) in HTTPINputHeader and validating against the External Security Provider (LDAP). but couldnt acheive it by populating uname n pwd in SOAP Request Message (i.e in SOAP Header sectn)
Is implementing authentication using InputHttpHeader & SoapHeader the same ?? which is more preferable ?? what is the diff ??
martinb
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

SOAP over HTTP can be authenticated in several ways,

- HTTP BasicAuth - for which you only set an appropriate Security profile on SOAPInput node

- WS-Security Username token profile - for which you set both Security profile and Policy Set and Bindings (eg default WSSEC10) on SOAP node

There is no single answer to which is preferable - it depends on your security architecture, existing applications etc etc..

vickas When you say

Quote:
when i tried to implement WS-Security by including the authentication details in SOAP Headers , it Didnt work ??

If you want help you need to elaborate - the product does support this and documents how to achieve it, if you have hit a specific issue give details of what you configured and what exactly went wrong

Thanks

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » WS-authentication using HTTPINputHeader vs SOAPHeader
Jump to: