ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Messages going to Backout queue

Messages going to Backout queue « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
srinii2005
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Messages going to Backout queue Reply with quote

I have a message flow which has MQ input Node MQInput node is connected to Out, Failure and Catch terminal. I have handled the exceptions for Input Schema validation in the failure terminal. I have used XSD for validation of input XML. I gave incorrect element and the flow is sending messages to back out queue instead of sending the error message as"input schema validation failed" which i have handled in failure terminal.
This is going to back out queue only in region where the MQ is clustered. In Dev region and Local the error message is correctly displayed. I would like to know why the message is going to back out queue despite handling the error in code.
I have set the MQ Input node properties Parser Options as "Immediate" and Advanced Transaction Mode as "Yes".
I have enabled the user trace and here is the snipped of error from that.
Node '' has received a message, but an exception was generated whilst initializing it's internal representation. The failure terminal is attached but previous attempts to successfully process this message down this terminal have failed. The MQMD ''backoutCount'' of the message now equals the ''backoutThreshold'' defined for the WebSphere MQ input queue. Having now reached the ''attempt limit'' for processing the message down the failure terminal, the message broker is now putting the message to the requeue or dead letter backout queue associated with this node.
If 'complete' or 'immediate' MRM, DFDL, JSON or XMLNSC message body validation is being applied to messages received by this node, it's possible the format of the body of the received message is invalid. Examine further messages to confirm this. Also, examine previous messages to determine why the exception is not being successfully processed when routed down the failure terminal. Correct these situations if possible. Perform any local error recovery processing required.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:50 am    Post subject: Re: Messages going to Backout queue Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

srinii2005 wrote:
I would like to know why the message is going to back out queue despite handling the error in code.

Well....

srinii2005 wrote:
The failure terminal is attached but previous attempts to successfully process this message down this terminal have failed.

The software doesn't seem to believe you've successfully handled the error in code.
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Posting this 3 times? Seriously? Are you rude, arrogant or just stupid?

Given that you can't read error messages, I'm going with "stupid".
Post new topic  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 1

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General Discussion » Messages going to Backout queue
Jump to: