ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NTLM / IWA Authentication via IIB 9.0

NTLM / IWA Authentication via IIB 9.0 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
abhyyy
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: NTLM / IWA Authentication via IIB 9.0 Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi Friends,

We have a requirement when we have to
Step 1 : Authenticate the incoming SOAP request using LDAP
Step 2 : Manipulate the request details and form New request
Step 3 : Send it to a URL which uses NTLM / IWA authentication.

Problem : I am not able to generate a request which can be authenticated by Server on provided URL, since it uses NTLM authentication and I am not able to find any options where i can integrate with NTLM as security feature in IIB9.0.

What I have done till now :
Flow 1:
SoapInput(gets request1 at url1)-->ComputeNode(transforms request1to request2)-->SoapAsyncRequest(sends request2 to Server URL)

Flow 2:
SoapAsyncResponse(receives response from server)-->SoapReply(sends response it back to URL1)

I have tested the above flows locally(without NTLM/IWA) and logic is correct. So the only thing remaining is NTLM setting at broker and creating a SOAP request at SoapAsyncRequest node which will help in NTLM authentication.

Please help in this if anybody has any information on how IIB9.0 or lower versions can send a SOAP request with NTLM / IWA authentication info. I have been stuck at this for quite sometime now and desperately need some help. Thanks Friends.
smdavies99
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

Quote:

I have been stuck at this for quite sometime now and desperately need some help. Thanks Friends.

Ok, what have you tried and what were the errors/problems you encountered?

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.
Simbu
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

AFAIK, IIB v9 and its lower version doesn't support IWA and it is newly introduced only in IIB v10 Open Beta.
mgk
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Actually IWA (NTLM) is Inbound and Outbound available as an APAR for v9. However, there are some restrictions. Outbound (Request node) NTLM is only available on the Windows platform and that it is only available for the SOAPRequest and HTTPRequest nodes, not the Async versions of these nodes. If you raise a PMR you will be able to get the APAR. If the above restrictions are a problem, post a reply to let us know, but also raise a requirement (RFE) as well.

Kind regards,
ravipydi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Did you check this info in Infocenter?

Providing credentials for outbound requests by using IWA

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/?lang=en#!/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bp62015_.htm

http://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSMKHH_9.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/bp62015_.htm?lang=en
ksrocks9
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject: NTLM or Negotiate is working in IIB Reply with quote

Apprentice

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70589&view=previous&sid=04e9fcc6832d2bea3cf63efddfa8cd1d

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » NTLM / IWA Authentication via IIB 9.0
Jump to: