ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum IndexClusteringCLUSRCVR deleted incorrectly from full repository

CLUSRCVR deleted incorrectly from full repository View previous topic :: View next topic
ZK99TOE
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:56 pm Post subject: CLUSRCVR deleted incorrectly from full repository Reply with quote

I deleted cluster receivers from full repositories without removing the cluster name from the definition. Is this fixable?

The setup is on MQ v 7.1 z/OS.
QM1 hosts a full repository for both Cluster A.
QM2 hosts a full repository for both Cluster A.
There are two sets of cluster channels for Cluster A:
TO.QM1, TO.QM2 - not SSL enabled
TO.QM1.SECURE, TO.QM2.SECURE - SSL enabled

On QM1 I stopped and then deleted the non-secured CLUSRCVR channel TO.QM1 without first spacing out the cluster in the definition. Then I deleted the CLUSSDR TO.QM1 on QM2. (Yes, I should have spaced out the cluster attribute first).
On QM2 I did the same - stopped and then deleted the non-secured CLUSRCVR channel TO.QM2 without first spacing out the clustername in the definition. Then I deleted the CLUSSDR TO.QM2 on QM1.

Qmgrs in our extremely large cluster and not in the full repository were supposed to have joined Cluster A with a SECURE CLUSRCVR and added either TO.QM1.SECURE or TO.QM2.SECURE CLUSSDR channels.
Then they were supposed to have deleted the non-secured channels on their end. Not all did.
And because I incorrectly deleted the CLUSRCVRs we are getting ‘bad channel status” and other errors.
Is there anything I can to do to fix this? It has been suggested that I add the channels back in correctly, and remove them correctly. I’m not sure that will work. And on reviewing the cluster manual online, I can’t figure out what removing them correctly would be.

Do I follow “Removing a cluster network” directions and remove the CLUSSDR before the CLUSRCVR?

Or do I follow “Removing a queue manager from a cluster” and remove the CLUSRCVR before the CLUSSDR?

I'd think I'd space out the cluster on the CLUSRCVR first and give the repository time to remove the information about the channel before the CLUSSDR. But none of the examples in the cluster manual is exactly right for my purpose.

For reasons I can’t go into, a REFRESH is not an option right now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It is fixable.
Recreate the cluster receiver as it used to be.
Remove it the right way from the cluster.

Just be aware that this will do nothing for the PRs that did not join the cluster with the secure channel. The only way to get them on board is to give them a grace period (maintaining the non SSL cluster receivers on the FR's) and remove the non SSL cluster receivers at the end of the grace period.

At which point the PRs that did not switch to SSL will no longer be able to receive cluster update info. Communications within the cluster will still happen as long as the PR in question has a keyring attached and possesses the correct cert. I would expect you check SSLPEER and check some sequence of OU values where one of the values is the cluster name.

Anything else would require either no DN check (lame for security purposes) or a CHAD exit...

Have fun
ZK99TOE
PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:44 pm Post subject: CLUSRCVR deleted incorrectly from full repository Reply with quote

Thanks so much. And thanks for being so nice in your reply.

MQSeries.net Forum IndexClusteringCLUSRCVR deleted incorrectly from full repository
Jump to: