ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations

PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shilpa.sabade
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:28 am    Post subject: PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi ,

('')

Am looking for some documentation to setup PeopleSoft - MQ integration.

We have Peoplesoft installed on AIX server .
MQ installed on Windows server .

Looking for configurations - Peoplesoft to connect to Remote MQ.

Please HELP.

Thank you
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

shilpa.sabade wrote:
Am looking for some documentation to setup PeopleSoft - MQ integration.

Which Peoplesoft do not supply? Shame on them - you should demand a refund.

shilpa.sabade wrote:
Looking for configurations - Peoplesoft to connect to Remote MQ.

Where have you looked? What have you tried? I typed "connecting peoplesoft to wmq" into Google and got a number of articles so clear even I could follow them, despite their clear Java bias.

Connecting Peoplesoft to a remote queue manager seems (oddly enough) to be identical to connecting anything to a remote queue manager. Who would have guessed?

shilpa.sabade
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations Reply with quote

Voyager

1. Documentation i got from Peoplesoft team - uses MQ explorer to create JMS administered objects - I felt MQ Admins should be kept away from JMS stuff, and this should be something to be handled by Peoplesoft team.

2. I went through links over google search , they all kind refer WAS - MQ
am looking for Oracle application server to MQ.

3. Installed MQ client on pplsoft server and Tried configuring MQ as external node in pplsoft and to connect to MQ server , this did not work for me .
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

shilpa.sabade wrote:
1. Documentation i got from Peoplesoft team - uses MQ explorer to create JMS administered objects - I felt MQ Admins should be kept away from JMS stuff, and this should be something to be handled by Peoplesoft team.

So you don't feel the admins responsible for your messaging software should be allowed anywhere near the messaging software? Nice attitude and what do you think they should be allowed near? If all the applications (like Peoplesoft) are managing their own messaging needs? Do you intend to define the underlying objects your JMS configuration is referencing as well? Or just pass a list of demands to the MQ admins to set up what you think you need without reference to any standards they may have?

shilpa.sabade wrote:
2. I went through links over google search , they all kind refer WAS - MQ
am looking for Oracle application server to MQ.

The first few links I found didn't. You might also want to explain the difference between an Oracle application server connecting to WMQ, WAS connecting to WMQ, Tomcat connecting to WMQ or indeed anything connecting to WMQ over a remote link as I can't think of any substansive differences.

shilpa.sabade wrote:
3. Installed MQ client on pplsoft server and Tried configuring MQ as external node in pplsoft and to connect to MQ server , this did not work for me .

Didn't work how? Machine exploded? Monkeys flew in through the window asking if you'd seen a girl in a gingham dress with a small dog? Error codes?

Or perhaps the values you selected in your configuration didn't match what the WMQ admins have set up on the queue manager. Or perhaps the WMQ admins have some notion of security and don't allow random people to just connect to their queue manager.

Because they don't yet realise they need to be kept away from the JMS stuff because they're WMQ admins not application people and have some misguided belief that they administer the queue manager you're trying to use.

As you don't mention the configuration values you tried to use, any evidence that these values match in any way the correct values for the queue manager you're trying to connect to or any details on the results of your attempt apart from "it didn't work" it's really hard to offer any advice or assistance.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » PeopleSoft - MQ JMS configurations
Jump to: