ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DB2 backup for MQSI

DB2 backup for MQSI « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
WBI_user
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Can some one share their experience on how you backup DB2 database for their MQSI environment ?
What we are doing in our WIN/NT development environment now is stop the broker and the configuration manager services. Use the DB2 control center to take the backup of the MR,CM and BK database. Then restart the services.

This is quite manual. We are looking for an automated way to do it at a regular interval (such as once a day in the evening).

We can always use a schedular to schedule the task to stop MQSI and start the backup job and then restart MQSI after the backup job is complete. This is just like automating keystrokes to enter comands.

Is there a better way to do this ?
Any suggestion ?
artist
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using UDB DB2, we take online backups so there is no need to take the service offline. If you do this, you must also make sure that logs are also kept.

WBI_user
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Thanks, I am not a DB2 person. The DB2 setup for MQSI use is taking all defaults as suggested in the installation manual. I think that is the setup for minimal administration. Can you let me know if I have to make any change in the setup in order to take online backup and if those changes can be made without affecting the current MQSI databases? (i.e. Do we having to drop and recreate ?)
camenzind
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

In the DB2 control center you can define jobs, which take backups automatically based on your needs, e.g. daily. If you don't have an infrastructure specifically for backups this is an easy way to issue DB backups on a regular basis. Within control center go to tools and than to journal.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DB2 backup for MQSI
Jump to: