ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart

Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ashetty
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart Reply with quote

Hello All,

We are using MB 8.0.0.1.
We have monitoring events configured in message flows of all interfaces.
We deploy by keeping the bar file with Start Mode as "Manual" for Application and once we deploy we turn on the flowmonitoring and then we start the Application.

Recently broker was stopped abruptly due to some environmental issues and when the broker was brought up, we saw that message flows were running with flowmonitoring down.

We were hoping that all the Interfaces will be in stopped state after Broker restart as we had kept StartMode as Manual but that wasn't the case.

I'd appreciate if someone can tell me how to keep the message flow in stopped state whenever there is a broker restart?

Thanks
Esa
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart Reply with quote

Grand Master

ashetty wrote:

Recently broker was stopped abruptly due to some environmental issues and when the broker was brought up, we saw that message flows were running with flowmonitoring down.

Funny, usually the problem is exactly the opposite! You deploy the flows with start mode 'Manual' and then you have to run a little java CMP program that (assigns the monitoring profile to the flows and) changes start mode to 'Maintained' (and starts the flows), otherwise the flows would not start again if the broker or eg is restarted.

I think the key to the problem is that you set the start mode of the application and not the individual flows within the application.

The flows shouldn't drop monitoring when the broker is restarted. I think the problem here may have the same cause: you assigned the monitoring profile to the application, not the individual flows.

I think the application object doesn't act exactly the way it should, yet. It's safer to set up these things on message flow level, at least for now.
ashetty
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Esa for the response.

After doing a test in local broker, I noticed that the Application appeared to be in started state after broker restart but when I did a refresh on execution group, Application turned into a stopped state.
Esa
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart Reply with quote

Grand Master

ashetty wrote:

We are using MB 8.0.0.1.

Upgrade to the latest fix pack and test again.
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

Quote:
you have to run a little java CMP program that (assigns the monitoring profile to the flows and) changes start mode to 'Maintained' (and starts the flows), otherwise the flows would not start again if the broker or eg is restarted.

I thought the monitoring profile was to collect motoring events, can it be used to change the start mode of the flows?
Simbu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master

paustin_ours wrote:
Quote:
you have to run a little java CMP program that (assigns the monitoring profile to the flows and) changes start mode to 'Maintained' (and starts the flows), otherwise the flows would not start again if the broker or eg is restarted.

I thought the monitoring profile was to collect motoring events, can it be used to change the start mode of the flows?

No. If I'm correct, the idea was to run a CMP program to do both assign the monitoring profile to the flows and change start mode to 'Maintained' .
paustin_ours
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yatiri

That's right. I read it too fast. Thx

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Status of Message Flow After Broker Restart
Jump to: