ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering error - channel in RETRYING getting 2085

Clustering error - channel in RETRYING getting 2085 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
w33f
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Clustering error - channel in RETRYING getting 2085 Reply with quote

Novice

Hi guys

So I have a weird problem.. I've got a partial repository which I'm joining into a cluster. Everything looks good after joining, I can see the first full repository and other qmgrs are in a RUNNING state, but for some reason the CLUSSDRA channel to the 2nd Full repository of the cluster is in a RETRYING state with the following error in the logs:

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08/11/13 12:02:03 - Process(29069.7287) User(mqm) Program(amqrmppa)
AMQ9509: Program cannot open queue manager object.

EXPLANATION:
The attempt to open either the queue or queue manager object 'SCTQ.CLUSTER_NAME.01'
on queue manager 'LOCAL_QM' failed with reason code 2085.
ACTION:
Ensure that the queue is available and retry the operation.
----- amqrmssa.c : 676 --------------------------------------------------------
08/11/13 12:02:03 - Process(29069.7287) User(mqm) Program(amqrmppa)
AMQ9999: Channel program ended abnormally.

EXPLANATION:
Channel program 'TO.FULL_REPOS2.CLUSTER_NAME' ended abnormally.
ACTION:
Look at previous error messages for channel program 'TO.FULL_REPOS2.CLUSTER_NAME' in
the error files to determine the cause of the failure.
----- amqrccca.c : 834 --------------------------------------------------------

Apparently SCTQ.CLUSTER_NAME.01 is the name of the system cluster transmit queue being used from Full Repos 1 to Full Repos 2. I don't manage those Full Repos servers so It's a bit hard for me to get info on them. My QM version is 6, the Full Repos's are using MQ 7.5 with channel auth records.

Just curious if anyone's experienced this before or has any advice?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

It's a bit tricky when you're not using the default SCTQ.
Obviously some rule was set up in the FR's to use a specific CTQ.
Before the channel can work the admin needs to make sure that the corresponding CTQ will exist!
It appears to me the 2085 is your return code because the name of the CTQ as derived by the rule does not match any existing CTQ.

Create the corresponding CTQ on the FR and see if messages start to flow.

I'd say it's a case of shooting yourself in the foot!
w33f
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yo, thanks for the reply.

I guess what I'm confused about is why is my qmgr, a partial repository, getting 2085 errors saying it can't find a particular SCTQ which is being used on the FR? My qmgr should only be using the default SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE for all CLUSSDR channels, however something is telling it to use the same definitions as is on the FR.

Just curious if this is a known issue between MQ 7.5 and and 6, or whether there's some particular attribute (eg. CLCHNAME) being set on the FR's cluster queue which may be causing this to happen.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

AFAIK a specific CTQ is a 7 attribute. However the channel definition V7 receive from the FR might request the specific CTQ defined on V7. Have no idea how V6 will handle this... but apparently it will require you to create the CTQ like you had to on V7. Whether it will then pick up msgs there ??? Maybe define it as alias to SCTQ?

Have fun
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I agree with you w33f that this seems wrong. The attribute to tell a CLUSSNDR channel to use a transmit queue other than the default SYSTEM.CLUSTER.TRANSMIT.QUEUE is the DEFCLXQ attribute of the queue manager, or the CLCHNAME attribute of a local queue that has a Usage of XMITQ. In both cases these are only available on the version 7.5 Queue Manager, and since its not an attribute of the CLUSRCVR channel, I don't understand how / why an auto defined CLUSSNDR channel on another Queue Manager based off that CLUSRCVR would be looking for this, especially a queue manager running at an MQ version prior to 7.5.

To clarify, that MQ error log snippet you posted is from your version 6 partial repository queue manager named "LOCAL_QM"? If yes, I think this might be worth opening a PMR on.
w33f
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Correct Pete, that's the log from my v6 qmgr. I have the PMR page open now.. I'll update you guys if I make any progress.
JosephGramig
PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Unless you have extended support, IBM Support is going to tell you to migrate that V6 Qmgr....
AniDeshpande
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am facing a similar issue, trying to join a MQ 7.1 Queue Manager to a MQ 7.5 Full Repository. w33f, did you happen to fix the issue at all ?
Please let me know.
Thanx
Ani
AniDeshpande
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just to update everyone here, raised a PMR with IBM and looks like it a BUG, there is a temporary fix available for it. However, it will be available with FP 7.5.04 available in Q3.
Thanks
rammer
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

AniDeshpande wrote:
Hi,
Just to update everyone here, raised a PMR with IBM and looks like it a BUG, there is a temporary fix available for it. However, it will be available with FP 7.5.04 available in Q3.
Thanks

Hi did IBM provide you any link to temporary fix, I have similar issue. PMR raised yesterday, and wouldnt mind taking a look at it.

Version 7.5 queue manager to queue manager is fine or even 7.5 to 6 is fine. Issue is 6.x to 7.5 I get similar error.

Strangely though it works fine in other environments with exactly same set up and same version of queue managers.

Thanks
rammer
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

rammer wrote:
AniDeshpande wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

Hi did IBM provide you any link to temporary fix, I have similar issue. PMR raised yesterday, and wouldnt mind taking a look at it.

Version 7.5 queue manager to queue manager is fine or even 7.5 to 6 is fine. Issue is 6.x to 7.5 I get similar error.

Strangely though it works fine in other environments with exactly same set up and same version of queue managers.

Thanks

I fixed my issue,

The problem I had was V6 to V7.5 Qmgr using clustering.
The 7.5 is a PR. My FR is also 7.5.
On the FR I had a dedicated XMITQ being used instead of SCTQ to the 7.5 PR and this was named with the same name as the target qmgr.

As this was a new environment and not currently in full service I rebuild the FR and 7.5 PR using the backups but removed the XMITQ and stuck with SCTQ.

Version 6 is now working fine to 7.5.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering error - channel in RETRYING getting 2085
Jump to: