ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ Managed File Transfer DB logger

MQ Managed File Transfer DB logger « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
cwekesa
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:04 am    Post subject: MQ Managed File Transfer DB logger Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm stuck with the DB logger configuration for MQ managed file transfer version 7.5. I have set up MQ managed file transfer on our environment, its working well without any hiccups. I'm trying to connect to a Oracle DB for DB logging. I used the ftelog_tables_oracle.sql to create the tables for the Oracle schema. I have set the below properties in the logger.properties file.

wmqfte.logger.type=DATABASE
wmqfte.database.driver=D\:\\oracle\\ora90\\jdbc\\ojdbc6.jar
wmqfte.database.name=
windowsServiceVersion=2.00
wmqfte.logger.name=DBLOGGER
wmqfte.database.schema=ftelog
wmqfte.oracle.port=1521
wmqfte.oracle.host=x.x.x.x
wmqfte.database.native.library.path=D\:\\oracle\\product\\10.2.0\\client_1\\LIB

I also set properties wmqfte.database.user and wmqfte.database.password and got the errors below.

BFGUB0082E: Unsupported property 'wmqfte.database.password' found in property file 'logger.properties'.

BFGUB0082E: Unsupported property 'wmqfte.database.user' found in property file 'logger.properties'.

I even tried entries wmqfte.oracle.user and wmqfte.oracle.password after inputting these the properties are ignored and MQ still looks for the MQMFTCredentials.xml as shown below

FGDB0066E: The logger encountered a problem accessing its credentials file and will stop. Reported error: BFGNV0139E: GetFileSecurity failed for file C:\Users\xxxx\MQMFTCredentials.xml. Reason: The system cannot find the file specified.

I have enabled the mqmftLoggerDBLOGGER service on windows but the logger always wants to read from the MQMFTCredentials.xml file. I have no idea how to set the configurations on the MQMFTCredentials.xml file I used the edited the sample document but I dont know how to populate the line

tns:mqmftCredentials xmlns:tns="http://wmqfte.ibm.com/MQMFTCredentials" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://wmqfte.ibm.com/MQMFTCredentials MQMFTCredentials.xsd">

How can I disable checking of the MQMFTCredentials.xml file for cretaintails or how do I populate the MQMFTCredentials.xml with my TNS entries from oracle, we dont use xmlns:tns, xmlns:xsi or xsi:schemaLocation in our site.
I really appreciate any help you can give.
Thanks and regards,

Chris
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

This has nothing to do with the DB and is just the way MQFTE uses to pass the credentials to the DB.
You need some XML to specify the username and possibly passwd to MQFTE.
I am sure if you dig deeper in the infocenter you'll find what you need to do.

Have fun
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Quote:
I have been looking through the info center for the last 2 weeks without any luck or joy. on

URL:[url] http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.wmqfte.doc%2Fsystem_fte.htm[/url]. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place maybe you can point me to the correct URL.

I would really appreciate and would be in your debt if you can give guidance on how I can connect to the Oracle database.

Thanks and regards,

Well did you look at
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r5/topic/com.ibm.wmqfte.doc/logger_properties.htm
and more specifically at the property
Quote:
wmqfte.database.credentials.file
?

If that does not work for you, look at the part about migrating to a J2EE logger....

Have fun

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQ Managed File Transfer DB logger
Jump to: