ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » IP address change in datapower appliance

IP address change in datapower appliance « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
uditara
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: IP address change in datapower appliance Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,

We are planning to change the present datapower ip address...
Presently IP configured in the DP appliance is :-
eth12 - 192.168.1.10
mgt0 - 192.168.1.11
mgt1 - 192.168.1.12

We want to remove the above IP's and need to be configure new 3 IP's :-
eth12 - 192.168.1.110
mgt0 - 192.168.1.111
mgt1 - 192.168.1.112

Can someone please share the inputs about how to change the ip address in the datapower?

Since it has been very high risk if something goes wrong.....
So I am looking any best practices need to be follow to change the IP Address...

Thanks,
UdiT
TXMQ_Doyle
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Changing IP's Reply with quote

Novice

hello Uditara,

This will be interesting .

I would highly recommend starting with the appliance's lowest environment first, and have all services validate, to verify any hardcodings.

Hopefully you have abstracted any clients away from the IP and reference DNS names instead.

Also, if you aren't using host aliases, you will need to manually modify the FSH for each service. I'd suggest setting up Host Aliases this this time around for reasons you are experiencing now .

Im also assuming that the IP's are in the same network and off of the same switch and use the same Default Gateway?

Then if not already done, i'd open up the Web GUI and SSH access to all ports on the appliance ( 0.0.0.0 ) just in case something goes wrong. validate web gui access from each interface. Then via the Web gui, you should be able to go in, and alter the IP's, one at a time, and do a ping test each time to validate the ip is responding. reserve the ip that you are initially logged into for last, log into one of the changed interfaces, then continue to modify the remaining interface. If Development best practices have been followed, you should be good to go.

Also keep in mind that if you have any Clients or Backend servers that reside behind a Firewall, that more than likely you will need to update those rules to compensate for the IP changes. The same goes for any ACL's, if any backend servers are using ACL's to restrict access to specific IP's of their clients, you will need to modify these as well.

Also, as i mentioned earlier, i would start with your lowest environment and move up from there, and if you have multiple appliances in a particular environment, i would do one at a time and validate each appliance before doing the next. This can get pretty dirty especially if there are hardcoded IP's within the config.

hope this gives you a better idea,

Doyle
vishBroker
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

Just to add couple of points (to well explained post by Doyle)-
1. Look for MQ channel exits ( ACL for MQ)
2. Your load-balancer might also require changes.
( Say - you have old IPs under DNS PROD-DP.abc.com - then you need to update the DNS entries at LB side as well)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » IP address change in datapower appliance
Jump to: