ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to find process ID for message flow

How to find process ID for message flow « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dkiu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: How to find process ID for message flow Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi All,

I m facing an issue. One of the message flow within an EG is not getting removed and when I re-deploy , 2 instance are available.

(* Though toolkit only 1 flow is visible, but using mqsc command 2 copies are visible)

I tried removing the first flow but it is not getting removed.
I want to kill the message flow process but unable to fetch the processID.

Is there any way to kill this particular message flow ?
I am in MB V6 in AIX box
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Re: How to find process ID for message flow Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dkiu wrote:
I am in MB V6 in AIX box

I do hope you at least mean v6.1

Search this forum for "phantom flows" and "phantom execution groups". You're not the first victim of this.
dkiu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

yeah ..I did search the forum for similar query but couldn't find answer. Moreover , due to some reason I was not able to reply in the same post and take the discussion further.

The similar topic was discussed in below thread.
http://mqseries.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=253866&sid=ef3b8e8aba7527e5f8af18dce5b0f284

and am I am on WMB - V6 (unix) and V7 (linux)
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dkiu wrote:
yeah ..I did search the forum for similar query but couldn't find answer.

How is what's discussed in the link you reference not the answer?

dkiu wrote:
I am on WMB - V6 (unix) and V7 (linux)

Well if you're really on v6.0 my comments on getting Support on side don't count - it's out of support.

Aside from that I stand by my advice.
dkiu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

1st Solution
"Display the queue; it will give you the pid of the process(es) which have the queue open for input."

Above cannot be the solution because the queue status will tell the process ID of an EG and not that particular flow. Hence, I cannot kill the phantom/Ghost message flow.

2nd Solution

1. Get broker, exgroup and flow id's.
2. <Broker label="JUNEBRK" uuid="083a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb" version="1"><Change><ExecutionGroup label="default" uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"/></Change><ExecutionGroup uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"><Delete><MessageFlow uuid="572f0ffa-2101-0000-0080-9c7b2948197b"/></Delete></ExecutionGroup></Broker>

Update above msg with proper ids.
Have to set message format as MQSTR, ReplyToQ and ReplyToQMGr.
3. Then put msg in SYSTEM.BROKER.ADMIN.QUEUE

I am not sure, how to get above uuid to post it to System.Broker.Admin.Queue. Also, it should not impact the broker because the brokers are shared across many project in my case and owned by some other team.[/b]
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

dkiu wrote:
1st Solution
"Display the queue; it will give you the pid of the process(es) which have the queue open for input."

Above cannot be the solution because the queue status will tell the process ID of an EG and not that particular flow. Hence, I cannot kill the phantom/Ghost message flow.

Yes it is. Flows do not run as discrete processes. It's the EG which has the queue open and it's the EG you need to kill.

dkiu wrote:
2nd Solution

1. Get broker, exgroup and flow id's.
2. <Broker label="JUNEBRK" uuid="083a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb" version="1"><Change><ExecutionGroup label="default" uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"/></Change><ExecutionGroup uuid="093a0bfa-2101-0000-0080-c65b38f747bb"><Delete><MessageFlow uuid="572f0ffa-2101-0000-0080-9c7b2948197b"/></Delete></ExecutionGroup></Broker>

Update above msg with proper ids.
Have to set message format as MQSTR, ReplyToQ and ReplyToQMGr.
3. Then put msg in SYSTEM.BROKER.ADMIN.QUEUE

I am not sure, how to get above uuid to post it to System.Broker.Admin.Queue. Also, it should not impact the broker because the brokers are shared across many project in my case and owned by some other team.

You're messing with the broker's internal registry; there will be impact to the broker. Possibly a heavy impact as it crashes into the bottom of the server if things go badly. These other teams need to suck it up. The UUID is a property.

If you were on supported software you could get support from IBM. But you're not and you can't.

I wish you good fortune.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » How to find process ID for message flow
Jump to: