ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE install on multiple MQ INSTALLATIONS

MQFTE install on multiple MQ INSTALLATIONS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Caket
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: MQFTE install on multiple MQ INSTALLATIONS Reply with quote

Novice

Windows 7 ultimate x64.
MQ 7.1.0.3
MQ 7.5.0.2

I installed MQFTE for windows and specified the QMGR for Coord/Command which exists in Installation 7.1.
So the MQFTE install decides it wants to make this relationship to MQ 7.5.
It shows "Managed File Transfer" in MQ Explorer 7.5 and not in 7.1.
This was when there was no primary, so i unistalled and set 7.1 as primary. Same thing, it only shows on MQ Explorer 7.5,

Also checked that MQ 7.5 is not supported for MQ FTE 7.0.4. Is there a way that i can specify the required MQ Installation to attach to?
Chris_L
PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Caket,

I'm not sure why the tools installer hasn't updated your 7.1 installation, but it's easy to add a link to the FTE plugins manually:

1. Navigate to the "MQExplorer\eclipse\links" directory within your 7.1 installation, eg C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ-71\MQExplorer\eclipse\links

2. Create a file in this directory with the extension ".link", such as "mqfte.link"

3. The contents of the file should be the following:
Quote:

path=C:\\Program Files\\IBM\\WMQFTE\\tools

It's important that there are no trailing spaces or newlines in this file

This assumes that you have installed the FTE tools package to the default location, if you haven't you will need to update the path accordingly. The path should point to the "tools" folder, which contains a folder called "eclipse", which in turn contains the FTE Explorer plugins.

When MQ Explorer is loaded, it will check its links directory and load any plugins available at locations referenced from the .link file(s).

Hope this helps!

Chris

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE install on multiple MQ INSTALLATIONS
Jump to: