ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Questions on simple FTE setup

Questions on simple FTE setup « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
junzi88
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Questions on simple FTE setup Reply with quote

Novice

Hello, I downloaded trial version of FTE. First I created one new Queue manager FTEQM in my local window 7 PC to use it as Coordination/Command/agent QM. I installed server with all Bind mode selection. Then installed Remote Tool and Document used same configuration. After installation, i can create another agent as destination one(bind mode). I am able to see both agent and can transfer file from first agent to the second agent. Now I want to try to use client mode with only one QM.
Question 1: Do I need uninstall then reinstall whole product to change mode? I tried to just change property file, it does not work.

I did re-install both. I configured to use client mode to connect Coordination FTEQM with my PC IP address, the port name is the listener.TCP port in FTEQM and SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN, I kept Bind mode for command QM and agent QM. when I tried to create second agent with this command:
fteCreateAgent -agentName NO2Agent -agentQMgr FTEQM -agentQMgrHost IP -agentQMgrPort 1418 -agentQMgrChannel SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN
I got error: The coordination queue cannot be contacted or has refuesd to conneciton attempt. The webSphere MQ reaason code was 2035.

I know this reason code but my id has access to QM. I never can active SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN in MQ explore even it say command submitted.

Question 2: Is my setup correct? Where I can find sample instruction for different setup?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

Do not ever use SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN. Define a dedicated channel for FTE, eg. FTE.SVRCONN. Set the MCAUSER to a userid that is in a group that has authority to all the FTE MQ objects. If you are using WMQ 7.1 or later, make sure the channel is not being blocked by CHLAUTH rules.

You do not need to reinstall FTE to change from bind to client mode, all you have to do is update the properties and restart the agent.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » Questions on simple FTE setup
Jump to: