ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue showing up as put disabled

cluster queue showing up as put disabled « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
senMQ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: cluster queue showing up as put disabled Reply with quote

Acolyte

We have a MQ cluster with both UNIX and mainframe queue managers.
I created a new UNIX clustered queue manager with a bunch of clustered queues. I created the queues with put attribute as NO. I switched it to YES once the application team was ready to use this new queue manager.

Now, the ORDER queue's put attribute is showing up as NO in the mainframe queue manager. But, the PUT attributes of all the other queues from the unix queue manager is showing up as YES in the mainframe queue manager. Also, the PUT attribute is showing up as YES for the ORDER queue in all the other queue managers in the cluster.

To summarize, the mainframe application is able to put the message in to all the queues except for the ORDER queue as the put attributed is showing up as NO. All the other queue managers in the cluster are able to put messages into this ORDER queue. All the queue managers involved in this issue are partial repositories.

These are actions taken so far:
I removed the ORDER queue from the cluster and added it back again.
I deleted the queue and created it with put attribute as YES.
z/os admin ran the refresh cluster command on the mainframe queue manager.

None of the above steps resolved the issue.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing here?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: cluster queue showing up as put disabled Reply with quote

Poobah

senMQ wrote:
To summarize, the mainframe application is able to put the message in to all the queues except for the ORDER queue as the put attributed is showing up as NO. All the other queue managers in the cluster are able to put messages into this ORDER queue. All the queue managers involved in this issue are partial repositories.

These are actions taken so far:
I removed the ORDER queue from the cluster and added it back again.
I deleted the queue and created it with put attribute as YES.
z/os admin ran the refresh cluster command on the mainframe queue manager.

None of the above steps resolved the issue.

Any thoughts on what I'm missing here?

Queues don't put-inhibit themselves. Something (like an application) or someone (like a system admin) put-inhibited the queue.

If a cluster queue is put-inhibited, it will not be chosen as a destination for puts - as long as there are other instances of the same queue elsewhere in the cluster.

If the put-inhibited queue is the only instance of the queue, then the put will fail, and the app will receive a put-inhibited ReasonCode.

Find out who or what is put-inhibiting the queue.
senMQ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

This ORDER queue is present in 3 other clustered queue managers. PUT attribute is set to NO on all those queues as we have not started using those queue managers. Also, in the mainframe queue manager, ORDER queue is in the list of clustered queues and the attribute is showing up as NO in it. As a result, the application is not able to put the messages and it it is failing with the reason code as put inhibited.

No other application is using this queue. Initially, I created this queue as put inhibited, but I did change the put attribute later.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Not sure I understand your issue.
senMQ
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I created a queue manager APP01 in a unix server and it has about 10 clustered queues. When I created the queues on this APP01 queue manager, all of them were put inhibited. But, later I switched to put enabled. There are other unix queue managers such as APP02 & APP03. There is a ORDER a queue in the APP01 queue manager and it is in the cluster. Right now, the queue has put enabled. I'm able to put messages in to the ORDER queue from APP02 & APP03. But, the application running on the mainframe server is not able to put the messages. It fails with the reason code put inihited. On the mainframe queue manager MQT, the clustered queue ORDER shows PUT as N. The mainframe application is able to put messages in to all the other unix queues and the PUT attribute shows up as Y.

Now, the issue is that MQT queue manager is not able to put messages in the ORDER queue on APP01.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

senMQ wrote:
I created a queue manager APP01 in a unix server and it has about 10 clustered queues. When I created the queues on this APP01 queue manager, all of them were put inhibited. But, later I switched to put enabled. There are other unix queue managers such as APP02 & APP03. There is a ORDER a queue in the APP01 queue manager and it is in the cluster. Right now, the queue has put enabled. I'm able to put messages in to the ORDER queue from APP02 & APP03. But, the application running on the mainframe server is not able to put the messages. It fails with the reason code put inihited. On the mainframe queue manager MQT, the clustered queue ORDER shows PUT as N. The mainframe application is able to put messages in to all the other unix queues and the PUT attribute shows up as Y.

Now, the issue is that MQT queue manager is not able to put messages in the ORDER queue on APP01.

Verify and if need be manually start the communications from the MF to it's FR and vice versa. Obviously the MF QMGR did not receive the update from the FR.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

I'm going to guess that you are new to MQ and MQ clusters. Further, I'm going to guess that you have not received any formal training. I'm going to guess that you are not using the WMQ Queue Manager Clusters manual as a reference.

I'm going to guess that you have been issuing lots of DELETE, DEFINE and ALTER commands hoping to change some attribute(s) that will fix this?

Other than posting here, what have you done to diagnose this? What MQ cluster commands have you used? What were the results?

Are all of these qmgrs in the exact same cluster? What is the name of the cluster? Are all of the queues in the exact same cluster? DISPLAY queue attributes, and post the results here.

Does the cluster have exactly two full repositories? And are the two full repositories fully interconnected? Is the mainframe qmgr a full repository?

Are the cluster channels to/from the mainframe qmgr in running state?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

bruce2359 wrote:
I'm going to guess that you are new to MQ and MQ clusters. Further, I'm going to guess that you have not received any formal training.

No.

Assume all of that has been done.

Assume all reasonable measures have been taken.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
bruce2359 wrote:
I'm going to guess that you are new to MQ and MQ clusters. Further, I'm going to guess that you have not received any formal training.

No.

Assume all of that has been done.

Assume all reasonable measures have been taken.

No.

Effective PSI (Problem Source Identification) requires more than just presuming that, in this case, the m/f qmgr and queue are in a(ny) cluster, that they are the same cluster, that cluster sender/receiver channels are RUNNING, ...

I'm asking for confirmation that the basics have been addressed.
senMQ
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

The cluster channels running between the unix and mainframe queue managers are running. The cluster channels connecting to the Full repositories are also running. Finally, the full repository has the correct information, i.e., I'm able to put the messages from the FR to this ORDER queue. Of course, all the objects belong to the same cluster.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

senMQ wrote:

So, briefly, you have one misbehaving application on one qmgr that gets a put(inhibited) R/C when attempting to put a message to one queue on one qmgr. What application? Are you using one of the IBM-supplied utilities?

Is the m/f a full-repository?

How do you know that it is the ORDER queue on APP01 qmgr that is causing the failure?

On the m/f, do these MQSC commands (or ISPF panel equivalents): DISPLAY QLOCAL(ORDER), DISPLAY CLUSQMGR(*) and DISPLAY QCLUSTER(*). Post the results here.

senMQ wrote:
Finally, the full repository has the correct information, i.e., I'm able to put the messages from the FR to this ORDER queue. Of course, all the objects belong to the same cluster.

What FR are you attempting to put messages to this ORDER queue? On the FR, do the same commands above. Post the results here.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » cluster queue showing up as put disabled
Jump to: