ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Config Database Firebird with JDBC on WAS ??

Config Database Firebird with JDBC on WAS ?? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
thanh.hq90
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Config Database Firebird with JDBC on WAS ?? Reply with quote

Hi!
I wanna config DB Firebird with jdbc on WAS! But I'm really don't know how to do it? And can WAS can support Firebird? Have you ever met this situation ? Please help me!

Thanks and best regards,

Last edited by thanh.hq90 on Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Do you have a type 4 JDBC driver for your DB?
thanh.hq90
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Help me! config Database Firebird (*.FDB,*.GDB) with JDBCPro Reply with quote

Hi you!
i'm using driver JDBC "jaybird-2.2.3.jar". but i don't know that config to WAS and i very need a "demo" or "doc" about config connect Datasource Firebird with JDBC on WAS.

Thanks and best regard,
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

You need to read the doc for your jar.
You need setup the class for your jdbc and follow the prompts in was.

Have fun
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

http://www.insttech.washington.edu/~lab/Support/HowtoUse/UsingJDBCWithFirebird.html

http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/wasinfo/v8r0/topic/com.ibm.websphere.base.doc/info/aes/ae/tdat_tccrtprovds.html
thanh.hq90
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Help me! config Database Firebird Reply with quote

Hi All!
Thank you is reply;
I want to config Database Firebird with JDBC Provider in Websphere Application Developer. I don't know do it. I very need a detail config demo. Please, help me!

Thanks and best reagards,
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Have you read the pdf and looked at http://www.firebirdsql.org/en/drivers-documentation/ ?
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Re: Help me! config Database Firebird Reply with quote

Grand Master

thanh.hq90 wrote:
I very need a detail config demo. Please, help me!

So, something like
Procedure

Verify that all of the necessary JDBC driver files are installed on your application server. Consult the article, Data source minimum required settings, by vendor for that information. If you opt to configure a user-defined JDBC provider, check your database documentation for information about the driver files.
Create a JDBC provider.

When you create a JDBC provider from the administrative console, see the topic, Configuring a JDBC provider using the administrative console.

OR

Using the wsadmin scripting client, see the topic, Configuring a JDBC provider using the scripting.

OR

Using the Java Management Extensions (JMX) API, see the topic, Creating a JDBC provider and data source using the JavaManagement Extensions API.
Create a data source.

From the administrative console, see the topic, Creating a data source using the administrative console.

OR

Using the wsadmin scripting client, see the topic, Configuring new data sources using scripting. For V4 data sources, see the topic, Configuring new WAS40 data sources using scripting.

OR

Using the JMX API, see the topic, Creating a JDBC provider and data source using the JavaManagement Extensions API.
Required properties: Different database vendors require different properties for implementations of their JDBC drivers. Set these properties on the WebSphere Application Server data source. Because Application Server contains templates for many vendor JDBC implementations, the administrative console surfaces the required properties and prompts you for them as you create a data source. However, if you script your data access configurations, you must consult the article Data source minimum required settings, by vendor, for the required properties and settings options.
Optional: Configure custom properties.

Like the required properties, custom properties for specific vendor JDBC drivers must be set on the application server data source. Consult your database documentation for information about available custom properties. To configure a custom class to facilitate the handling of database properties that are not recognized natively by the Application Server, refer to the topic, Developing a custom DataStoreHelper class.

There are also optional data source properties, such as the DB2 sslConnection custom property, that you might want to configure. Refer to the Application Programming Guide and Reference for Java for your version of DB2 for z/OS® if you use the DB2 Universal JDBC Driver provider for more information about these custom properties.
Bind resource references to the data source. See the article, Data source lookups for enterprise beans and web modules.
Test the connection (for non-container-managed persistence usage). See the topic, Test connection service.

Which is the same link I already gave?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Application Server » Config Database Firebird with JDBC on WAS ??
Jump to: