ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE "All In" on z/OS

MQFTE "All In" on z/OS « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
mikiu
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:43 am    Post subject: MQFTE "All In" on z/OS Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hello wise and gentle folks ... wondering if your vast knowledge of MQ and MQ related includes exeprience with or knowledge of MQFTE z/OS deployments where 200+ FTE Client Agents access via ServerConn channels one FTE Agent Queue Manager (and if the Coordination Queue Manager and the Command Queue Manager are deployed on z/OS also). Any comments on the topology would be greatly appreciated.
Much obliged for your time
M.U.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Forgive me my lack of zOS knowledge but I thought that zOS FTP was more resilient than distributed and as such guaranteed the full file transfer?
So I guess the only usage you would have from MQFTE there would be logging and audit trail right?
gbaddeley
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi

fjb_saper wrote:
Forgive me my lack of zOS knowledge but I thought that zOS FTP was more resilient than distributed and as such guaranteed the full file transfer? So I guess the only usage you would have from MQFTE there would be logging and audit trail right?

In many cases "more resilient" is not good enough. FTE is in a completely different league to FTP and provides full transfer tracking and asynchronous delivery. FTE rides on MQ. What more can I say?

I know of FTE deployments with 1000+ FTE agents using MQ Client connection to one central Agent & Command queue manager on UNIX (in a HA cluster), so this many agents should be a walk in the park for z/OS.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

gbaddeley wrote:
I know of FTE deployments with 1000+ FTE agents using MQ Client connection to one central Agent & Command queue manager on UNIX (in a HA cluster), so this many agents should be a walk in the park for z/OS.

Except for the licensing fees for the CAF to allow the zos qmgr to receive this many incoming client connections.
mikiu
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Thank you: you confirm what we thought ... BTW, the CAF is covered already by our monthlies so it is not an issue here.
M.U.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE "All In" on z/OS
Jump to: