ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Terminator setting.

DFDL Terminator setting. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
why
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: DFDL Terminator setting. Reply with quote

Novice

Fellow Respected Members,

We got a new requirement today and accordingly we have to parse the input message through a file input node using DFDL. We had the input sample as follows

Code:

124309909...................................899899xxxx   (Length 450)
88999899.....................................99999yyxyy   (Length 450)
END     

now the requirement is to process all the lines as same size and the last line END was terminator and should be parsed with equal length 450 like other lines. SO at the Message level i made the following changes

We are putting terminator character followed by spaces to make it length of 450. I have started padding spaces starting from 50, it parsed fine till 90 spaces followed after Terminator character but increasing the size beyond that giving me following errors.

Code:

1.   An error occurred whilst parsing with DFDL;Parameters - CTDP3042E: Terminator '' not found at offset '2088'  for element  FLOW NAME

Searched for that error and not lucky yet. Tried to replace %SP with %SP+ , and also with %WSP. the only thing left to try is regular expression thing from the drop down values of terminator which giving a whole different errors on initial trails.

Please advise me what should be done. We will be getting more bigger size character lines later on..

Thanks,
Why.
kimbert
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Set the terminator to TRL%WSP*;
Or, add a dummy element to consume the 447 space characters.

btw, you example file shows the last line as 'END', not 'TRL'. I assume that was a mistake.
why
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

thanks and appreciate your reply Kimbert. Yes its a typo, and your solution worked, appreciate your help.
dharvesh79
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:37 am    Post subject: DFDL Error Reply with quote

Hi I have the below message as format but when i write the DFDL it is not parsing the last record.

,FULL.NAME::Full Name/@ID::@ID/NBE.REFERENCE::NBE REFERENCE/DATE.AC.CLOSED::Ac Closed Date/TIN.NUMBER::Tin Number/BANK::Bank/BRANCH::Branch,"Addis dememe abebe " "ML152260" " " " 20130219" " " "DB " "ABAkoran ","Habebe Meskela G.c " "ML152260" "fsi/bsd/339/15 April 22,2015 " " 20150416" " " "CBE " "Meskel Square ","Kebede abebe debele " "ML152260" "fsi/bsd/375/15 April 30,2015 " " 20150423" " " "DB " "Arsi Negele ","Kebede Habebe Regassa " "ML152260" "fsi/bsd/497/15 June 8,2015 " " 20150604" " " "BoA " "Adama "

I am getting the below error

CTDP3002E: Unexpected data found at offset '917' after parsing completed. Data: '0x22...'.
ParsedDataRegion[Terminator, startOffset = 915, length = 2, scd = #xscd(/schemaElement::Customer/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::body/type::0/model::sequence/schemaElement::BRANCH)]
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It's a shame you don't show the relevant section of the DFDL.

Perhaps the second record is a repeat of another record, and your model isn't build to handle repeats.

Perhaps your input message is wrong.
timber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Please tell us what you have tried already. Otherwise we will tell you to try things that you have already tried. Which is annoying for both you and us.

Have you looked at the DFDL Trace in the DFDL Test perspective?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » DFDL Terminator setting.
Jump to: