ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Data Power Trail

Data Power Trail « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rekarm01
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Data Power Trail Reply with quote

Grand Master

Vitor wrote:
DataPower is a network level appliance. Unquestionably it runs software ...

... or, more precisely, firmware.

mqjeff wrote:
There is a VM edition of DataPower.

There might, possibly, be a trial version of that.

IBM has more information about that here, here, and here, among other places.

A friendly neighborhood IBM sales representative would likely know better whether it's available as a trial -- or trail -- version.
Vitor
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

kotagiriaashish wrote:
I think you gyus wont believe me if i said you could buy a datapower sandbox logins for a month on the internet and not from IBM

http://www.sandbox4u.com/

No, we'd believe you because a) we're all professionals here and b) I'm not going to click on that link to check. I fear the unsolicited link (no offense intended).

Also it's perfectly possible someone's built a sandbox environment out of their DataPower appliances and is selling monthly access to it.

This is a world away from getting the software (or firmware) from the appliances themselves. Or getting a copy that you can run outside the appliance.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

The only interface for doing anything with Datapower is a web interface.

Just because you happened to see a PC with a browser open showing datapower windows, and you were told that there wasn't a datapower appliance in the local network, that doesn't mean that any copy of the Datapower software was running anywhere locally.

Have you heard of the internet, and how it makes URls available to browsers across the world, regardless of where the actual server exists?

As i said, there is also a VM image version of the Datapower Appliance software.

So, again, just because you were told that there wasn't an Appliance anywhere local, that doesn't mean that there wasn't a licensed install of Datapower running on a local server.

None of this has anything to do with being able to download a trial version of Datapower.

For legal reasons, I believe you will find that this website takes a very dim view on discussion of all kinds of of any kind of illegal activity.
kotagiriaashish
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disciple

So there exists a datapower XI52 VM which runs on Vsphere... both of these things are installable on a STANDALONE PC. its only valid for a 10 day trail. after that all you have to do is to remove the VM you are running on... create a new one and reinstall it... you d be needing a 64bit with 4 core processor

and to prove that it really exists

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8clMD9m1kiUV3RDcDlocmtNeTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Like i said... you will have to know the right person in IBM to get your hands on it.

MQJEFF what you said is correct the VM version is now sold by IBM employees... it comes at a very reasonable price too...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Data Power Trail
Jump to: