ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ get messages not getting from all Cluster queues-Help

MQ get messages not getting from all Cluster queues-Help « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SMQS
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: MQ get messages not getting from all Cluster queues-Help Reply with quote

I can able to put messages in Cluster queue the message goes to multiple cluster queue and the load balance is achieved.Is there any way to get all the messages from one Cluster queue?

Qm1,QM2 are two full repository Queue Mangers in CLUSTER.

Cluster queues created on both the Qms as same name.
Qclus(QL1) - QM1
Qclus(QL1) - QM2

I am putting 10 messages in QM1 ( amqsputc QL1 QM1)
1 st five messages shared in Qm1-(1-5) QL1
2 nd five messages shared in Qm2-(6-10) QL1

How can i get all the messages in same cluster queue on QM1 .Please help me.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Take a look at BIND_ON_OPEN in the Info Centre...
SMQS
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your immediate reply.I had already gone through it but my requirement is not fulfilled. See I have two Qms and the load is balanced between two Qms using BIND_OPEN or BIND_NOT_FIXED.

My Application requirement is to get all the messages in one QM after the messages are load balanced.Is there any way? please share with me.
McueMart
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chevalier

I think you are asking whether there is a way for one of the following two things to happen:

- You application connects to a single QM and needs to be able to pull messages from all queues in a Cluster with the same name.

- A method of MQ automatically moving messages which are distributed across multiple cluster queues (all named the same), to a single instance of the queue.

I dont think either are possible. I believe you will have to manually connect to the QMs in the cluster, and move the messages onto the QM you need them on.
exerk
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

SMQS wrote:
...My Application requirement is to get all the messages in one QM after the messages are load balanced...

You really, really, might want to revisit the logic of that statement
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

So what load are you trying to balance in the first place?

In general, MQ clustering allows you to balance the load of the application across multiple OS instances. It does this by providing messages that sit on different queue managers, that can be read by independent instances of the application running on independent OS instances. Because the messages are spread across multiple queue managers, the queues themselves will be able to provide the messages to the individual application instances faster, since each queue will have fewer messages on it.

If you want to process all messages from a single queue, then only make a single queue shared in the cluster.

But that doesn't let you load balance anything, at all.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

With MQ clusters, workload balancing takes place on MQPUTs only, not on MQGETs. BIND_ON_OPEN and BIND_NOT_FIXED are open options is used by applications that are going to put messages, not get messages.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » MQ get messages not getting from all Cluster queues-Help
Jump to: