ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Job Postings » Senior-level MQ Admin in Austin TX

Senior-level MQ Admin in Austin TX « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SAFraser
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Senior-level MQ Admin in Austin TX Reply with quote

Shaman

Our third-party staff augmentation vendors are soliciting candidates to fill a senior-level MQ/WMB admin position at our agency here in Austin. As the team lead, I can only accept resumes through the vendors. Multiple vendors will submit candidates for our review. Rates and employment terms are negotiable between the vendor and the candidate.

However, if you are wanting to see the job posting, you can look out in public job sites. You will know you have found this posting when you get a hit on "MQ" and "Austin", and the job requirements include a minimum of 8 years experience on a Solaris platform. That's us!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

It would be helpful if that offer included details on physical location.

Presumably you intend that the selected candidate will actually relocate to Austin, but that is not mentioned directly.

And I'm sure there are a number of suitable candidates who would be good fits, but only if they could work remotely a lot of the time.
SAFraser
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaman

Thanks for your comments, mqjeff. Remote work is not an option (and not my decision). As is true for many policy decisions at our agency, such decisions are made by people way above my pay grade!

Our fiscal year ends in August, so the first PO would go only through August. Our project is staffed primarily with contractors, some of whom have been here for 10 years. Most contractors are renewed, subject to good performance and continued need. I offer that as an observation, not as a guarantee.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

August is an excellent time to decide if one wishes to stay in Austin or not...

Much like January is an excellent time to decide if one wishes to stay in Minneapolis...

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Job Postings » Senior-level MQ Admin in Austin TX
Jump to: