ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE - Schedulling a Transfer at certain days at Week??

MQFTE - Schedulling a Transfer at certain days at Week?? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: MQFTE - Schedulling a Transfer at certain days at Week?? Reply with quote

Voyager

Hi I'm using MQ FTE version 7.0.4.1 , and I'd like to make a File Transfer to occur from Tuesday to Saturday , is it possible?

I've seen that it's possible daily [fteCreateTransfer with parameters: -tb, -ss, -oi, -of, -oc, and -es], but I don't know if I can RESTRICT the days of the week of the Transfer?

Any help on the command or the way I can do it, will be appreciated.

Regards Everybody!!!
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Any idea? Reply with quote

Voyager

Any idea? Is It possible in "native" way?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Have you looked at the IBM InfoCenter or the official IBM documentation? I seem to recall that you can schedule days of the week.
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

Yes, I've searched everywere , but I haven't found anything.
At infocenter , it only mentions that parameters, for the fteCreateTransfer,
but it Seems there id no posible native solution for my problem.

Any help or comment Will be appreciated.
Regards
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

You can't do this, it seems, as part of a single exact transfer.

At least, as I read things.

So you need to write a script that will run once a week and schedule this week's instance of the tuesday-saturday transfer.
zpat
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

The FTE scheduler could do with a little bit of enhancement. Recognising public holidays would be another desirable feature.

When I have raised the somewhat limited nature of the FTE scheduler with IBM, the response has been - use a better scheduler (external to FTE)!

However having one integrated with the product has many advantages and it doesn't have to do everything Control-M can do (for example) but it would be a good thing if it could do more than it does today.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

zpat wrote:
The FTE scheduler could do with a little bit of enhancement. Recognising public holidays would be another desirable feature.

When I have raised the somewhat limited nature of the FTE scheduler with IBM, the response has been - use a better scheduler (external to FTE)!

However having one integrated with the product has many advantages and it doesn't have to do everything Control-M can do (for example) but it would be a good thing if it could do more than it does today.

Sounds like a Requirement rather than a PMR issue...
RogerLacroix
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: MQFTE - Schedulling a Transfer at certain days at Week?? Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

dprogwmb wrote:
I'm using MQ FTE version 7.0.4.1 , and I'd like to make a File Transfer to occur from Tuesday to Saturday , is it possible?

I used your question as a 'starter' to a 'UFM How-To' blog posting. I thought I would let you know, so you don't stumble upon it and say WTF.

Regards,
Roger Lacroix
Capitalware Inc.
dprogwmb
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voyager

zpat wrote:

Maybe one solution would be to use cron (from aix).... And in that case I would need to develop an Ant script to transfer the file (with Fte)...

Regards everybody (maybe in the Next version of fte, IBM includes a better scheduller ;( )
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:
Sounds like a Requirement rather than a PMR issue...

When I say raised it, I meant in conversation with the product developers at Hursley - but yes, I should raise an RFE for this and a number of other things.

We haven't, as yet, purchased FTE but I have had my hands on it once or twice.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

dprogwmb wrote:
Maybe one solution would be to use cron (from aix).... And in that case I would need to develop an Ant script to transfer the file (with Fte)...

That would seem to be the current way of doing this. Which is fine if you like the cryptic world of Unix. Perhaps I was spoilt by my mainframe (and OS/2) upbringing but I still regard VI as an editor fit only for the seriously demented.

The same goes for awk, sed and the other weird Unix commands, which I realise are powerful, but unless you learn them at birth are hard to understand. Fortunately Google can now provide pre-demented examples to use.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

zpat wrote:
dprogwmb wrote:

That would seem to be the current way of doing this. Which is fine if you like the cryptic world of Unix. Perhaps I was spoilt by my mainframe (and OS/2) upbringing but I still regard VI as an editor fit only for the seriously demented.

The same goes for awk, sed and the other weird Unix commands, which I realise are powerful, but unless you learn them at birth are hard to understand. Fortunately Google can now provide pre-demented examples to use.

Yes, because JCL is user-friendly.
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

mqjeff wrote:

I was thinking more of ISPF and REXX. Both designed by IBM in the 1990s, rather than by people working independently (with little consistency) in the 1970s. Editors like LPEX for example were on OS/2.

Unix user interfaces are stuck in the 1970s. Even when IBM develop more modern alternatives (for AIX) - few unix types install them because they are not universal.

The lowest common denominator approach is really annoying. For example I would like to use Web/SM, but I might as well be asking the Unix people for a flying car.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

zpat wrote:
mqjeff wrote:

I was thinking more of ISPF and REXX. Both designed by IBM in the 1990s, rather than by people working independently (with little consistency) in the 1970s. Editors like LPEX for example were on OS/2.

Unix user interfaces are stuck in the 1970s. Even when IBM develop more modern alternatives (for AIX) - few unix types install them because they are not universal.

The lowest common denominator approach is really annoying. For example I would like to use Web/SM, but I might as well be asking the Unix people for a flying car.

Have you ever tried imacs ?
zpat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

No, I've heard of emacs though.

I found some useful links here

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Comp/comp.editors/2012-07/msg00032.html

Hybrid Editor XE, or T.H.E. might do what I want.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE - Schedulling a Transfer at certain days at Week??
Jump to: