ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Error 2035 on the users that have all needed rights

Error 2035 on the users that have all needed rights « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jumping_frog
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Error 2035 on the users that have all needed rights Reply with quote

Hello,

I have got error 2035 from amqscnxc on the windows box. User that have run amqscnxc is a member of local group mqm and has all rights on the qmanager.

Here is a more detailed explanation.

I have installed MQ 7.1 on the standalone (local authentication and authorisation) windows 2003 box.

Then I have created Qmanager, Local/Remote Queues, Sender/Receiver/Server-connection channels and listener.

Connectivity with remote Qmanager have established successfully sender/receiver channel pairs are in the running state.

I was able to put data via MQExplorer to the queue and data was successfully transmitted to the corresponding queue on the remote queue manager.

That's why I have considered that installation is OK.

Than I want to test connectivity for applications application with amqscnxc but
while performing this test I have got error 2035
amqscnxc -x 10.0.10.254 -c SERVER.CHNL TEST
Sample AMQSCNXC start
Connecting to queue manager TEST
using the server connection channel SERVER.CHNL
on connection name 10.0.10.254.
MQCONNX ended with reason code 2035

It's very strange because user exists and is a member of the group mqm!
set | findstr USER
USERDOMAIN=MQ-SWIFT
USERNAME=mq_usr

user mq_usr has all needed priviledges on the qmanager TEST
dspmqaut.exe -p mq_usr -m TEST -t qmgr
Entity mq_usr has the following authorizations for object TEST:
inq
set
connect
altusr
crt
dlt
chg
dsp
setid
setall
ctrl
system

amqscnxc returns error 2035 also and for the user that can successfully connect to qmanager TEST via MQExplorer!

amqscnxc and MQExplorer was executed on the same box as Qmanager had been installed.

What's going wrong?
JasonE
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

If you are connecting as a client to a windows machine, if you are seeing 2035, what does the qmgr error logs tell you?

Oh... 7.1?

mqm userids will be rejected I think until you sort out the authrec stuff:

Point 1 on http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/mq50110_.htm

covered under
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/mi77190_.htm
jumping_frog
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JasonE wrote:
If you are connecting as a client to a windows machine, if you are seeing 2035, what does the qmgr error logs tell you?

Oh... 7.1?

mqm userids will be rejected I think until you sort out the authrec stuff:

Point 1 on http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/mq50110_.htm

covered under
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r1/topic/com.ibm.mq.doc/mi77190_.htm

Thank you for reply. You are right.

When I removed all profiles from Channel Authentication Records and just added all priviledges to the SRV-channel with mqaut at least local connection was established successfully.
mqjeff
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

jumping_frog wrote:
When I removed all profiles from Channel Authentication Records and just added all priviledges to the SRV-channel with mqaut at least local connection was established successfully.

It would have been more secure to leave the default profiles alone, and add an additional profile that was specific to this channel.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

mqjeff wrote:
jumping_frog wrote:

It would have been more secure to leave the default profiles alone, and add an additional profile that was specific to this channel.

Best-practice dictates that you grant only those privileges that are required.

Your shotgun approach, while appearing to 'fix' the problem, merely opened up future problems, namely: future security exposures.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Installation/Configuration Support » Error 2035 on the users that have all needed rights
Jump to: