ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » CICS restart handling for Trigger queue residues

CICS restart handling for Trigger queue residues « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
dipanjan26
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: CICS restart handling for Trigger queue residues Reply with quote

I have a CICS application which is triggered from a TRIGGER queue.Once the CICS was down I had two such TRIGGER messages written to my TRIGGER queue. When the CICS came up one message was read but the next wasn't. I have no control on the CICS application to make it read the TRIGGER queue twice. Any idea how can I prevent this residue of message in my trigger queue. Is checking the TRIGGER queue before writting out a message to it a solution
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

messages arrive in local (application) queues. if these queues are triggered and a lot of trigger conditions are fullfilled, then proper trigger messages are written to initiation queues. the trigger monitor will get these trigger messages out of the initiation queue and (hopefully) start the application , which then itself will consume the message(s) that arrived in the local (application) queue.

now which one of these two queues is your trigger queue ?!? the initiation queue of the local (application) queue ?!?

also useful to know how your application queue is triggered (first, depth, every, ...) and how the application program is coded (read 1 message, read till end of queue, ...)
dipanjan26
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The local application queue is my trigger queue with a trigger depth of one
and my application program reads this queue once.

I have a figured out a solution by reading this application queue till end of queue. Now I have a different query though. Since I am reading the application queue with syncpoint option, if there is an abend in between successive reads and the record read is rolled back into the application queue, will there be another trigger?
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

what is your trigger type? first, every or depth?

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Java / JMS » CICS restart handling for Trigger queue residues
Jump to: