ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Sending emails with DataPower appliance (XI50 v4.1.0.4)

Sending emails with DataPower appliance (XI50 v4.1.0.4) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
ArchieOops
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:31 pm    Post subject: Sending emails with DataPower appliance (XI50 v4.1.0.4) Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a requirement to send emails using DataPower appliance. After doing some research online, I found that I can use dp:url-open() function for this purpose but I wanted to know if someone has successfully implemented anything like this?

Also, is it possible to send email to multiple recipients using dp:url-open() function for SMTP?

I also have a requirement to add an attachment to the email along with the normal email-body, is that do-able?

If someone can point me to some documentation or provide some guidance for this that would be great....thanks...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I can't comment particularly on whether or not it is correct to use dp:url-open() to send email from DataPower.

I'd hope that the appliance would have a better means of performing SMTP communications than that...

However, if this function does allow you to talk to an SMTP server, then the rest of your question is really about what SMTP supports or not.

"attachments" in SMTP are merely different MIME parts of the same MIME document. So the "body" of the message is one MIME part, and the attachment is another. Likewise the recipients (single or plural) are mentioned in the MIME header.

So you need to read further into the definition of specifying SMTP traffic in a URL.

But in general, I would look for a better way to send SMPT traffic than using a url.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere DataPower » Sending emails with DataPower appliance (XI50 v4.1.0.4)
Jump to: