ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Messages not getting delivered in round robin fashion.

Messages not getting delivered in round robin fashion. « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:13 am    Post subject: Messages not getting delivered in round robin fashion. Reply with quote

Novice

There r 2 qmgrs A and B in a cluster.But the msgs r getting delivered to only 1 qmgr.Have checked the clussdr chls and clusrcvr chls,both the qmgrs r part of the same cluster and also visible from repository as well as frm the input remote queuemanager.even the 2 instances of input alias queue is visible from input remote queuemanager.The queue is also put enabled and the network priority of the clus rcvr chls of both qmgrs A and B is set to 0.Pls advise........
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Check & see if the application is using bind on open, either deliberately or becauase it's picking up a queue default.

A clue is that the messages are not always delivered to A or B, but delivered to the same queue manager (either A or B) each time the application is run.
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

I am manually putting the msgs from command prompt from the input solaris box but the messages are getting delivered at only one qmgr.=,earlier it used to work.The default binding is set to not fixed on all the instances of the queues.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
The default binding is set to not fixed on all the instances of the queues.

Which as has been said many times in this forum is only a default & can be ignored by the application.

SCTMBI wrote:
I am manually putting the msgs from command prompt from the input solaris box

Given that WMQ doesn't have the facility to put messages from a command prompt I assume you mean you're using a command line application to do this, like the amqsput sample code. Does whatever you're using honour the default binding of the queue?

SCTMBI wrote:
earlier it used to work

So what changed? And before you say nothing changes in WMQ I didn't mean in WMQ as I expect you've already checked. You say you've checked the channels; did you just check their definitions or did you check they are running?
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Yes,the channelsare up and running.ALso,I am using the command line application to do this, like the amqsput sample code.
The msg is being delivered to B qmgr when the input queue on A qmgr is disabled.i.e.when one instance of the queue is put disabled,the msg is getting delivered to the other qmgr but when all instances of the queue are put enabled,the msg is getting delivered to only 1 qmgr.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
ALso,I am using the command line application to do this, like the amqsput sample code.

Is it the amqsput sample code as delivered, or has it been modified by your site? Typically it is because the delivered sample has some restrictions (it's only a sample after all).

SCTMBI wrote:
The msg is being delivered to B qmgr when the input queue on A qmgr is disabled.i.e.when one instance of the queue is put disabled the msg is getting delivered to the other qmgr

No S**t.

SCTMBI wrote:
but when all instances of the queue are put enabled,the msg is getting delivered to only 1 qmgr.

Always the same queue manager, or does it vary as I indicate above?
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

For ur 1st qstn-Its the sample amqsput,its not modified.Even same is the case while I put msgs frm MQ explorer.
For last qstn-It is the same queuemanager(qmgr A) always,it varies (msgs get delivered to qmgr B)only in case the input queue is put disabled on qmgr A.
Mr Butcher
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

any netprty on the clstr chnls? any prblms with yr kbrd?
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Vitor wrote:
SCTMBI wrote:

Which as has been said many times in this forum is only a default & can be ignored by the application.

In the interest of clarity and precision: objects with attributes _AS_Q_DEF are not defaults. _AS_Q_DEF means "as defined in the queue object definition."

As has been repeated quite often here, the application can specify one of these BIND_FIXED, or BIND_ON_OPEN, or BIND_AS_Q_DEF.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

bruce2359 wrote:
Vitor wrote:
SCTMBI wrote:

In the interest of clarity and precision: objects with attributes _AS_Q_DEF are not defaults. _AS_Q_DEF means "as defined in the queue object definition."

To increase clarity; the OP was talking about the "default" binding on the queues, which is not a default but the setting taken if the application codes AS_Q_DEF. Hence my comment.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Yep. Mantra: oooohhhhhmmmmmm:
_AS_Q_DEF is not a default.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Did you check what the delivery policy was if an instance of the queue existed on the queue mgr you are connected to?
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

@bruce2359-As has been repeated quite often here, the application can specify one of these BIND_FIXED, or BIND_ON_OPEN, or BIND_AS_Q_DEF.
------------------The application is specifying BIND_AS_Q_DEF and the default bind on all the instances of the queue is set to not fixed(open).

@fjb_saper-How to chk the delivery policy?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

SCTMBI wrote:
@bruce2359-As has been repeated quite often here, the application can specify one of these BIND_FIXED, or BIND_ON_OPEN, or BIND_AS_Q_DEF.
------------------The application is specifying BIND_AS_Q_DEF and the default bind on all the instances of the queue is set to not fixed(open).

@fjb_saper-How to chk the delivery policy?

clwluseq on qmgr and clustered queue.
SCTMBI
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

CLWLUSEQ is set to local on all qmgrs,and the input queue is a clustered alisa queues whose attributes r identical in all instances.
Now I added another qmgr(say C) to the cluster and I can see msgs going to A and C in round robin fashion,but not going to qmgr B.But when I am disabling the queue instances on A and C,msgs r going to qmgr B.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Messages not getting delivered in round robin fashion.
Jump to: