ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » AMQ8146 Windows

AMQ8146 Windows « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
rmarin71
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:19 am    Post subject: AMQ8146 Windows Reply with quote

I have installed a test and production QMgr on our internal network. I have installed the server agent on a server in our DMZ so that I can send files to trusted vendors.

I can not runmqsc on the dmz server and get the AMQ8146.

please help me fix this because I can not get my agents to show up. Ports are open between the specific servers.
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: AMQ8146 Windows Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rmarin71 wrote:
I have installed a test and production QMgr on our internal network. I have installed the server agent on a server in our DMZ so that I can send files to trusted vendors.

I can not runmqsc on the dmz server and get the AMQ8146.

please help me fix this because I can not get my agents to show up. Ports are open between the specific servers.

Can you explain some more?
It looks to me like you installed the server agent without installing an MQ Server. Maybe you should have installed a client agent?
rmarin71
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran the install for the server agent. I can say that this server had a client agent before the server agent got installed. Could that have blocked things on the server agent install? I have been thinking of uninstalling everything and starting over. I also ran the Webspehere MQ installs. I need complete this so I can set up an FTE Bridge agent to send SFTP's to a third party vendor
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Runmqsc doesn't work on a machine that only has an MQ Client installed on it. So you can ignore any issues reported by that - you simply can not use it remotely.

If you have installed your MQFTE Server on the machine in the DMZ, you should then be able to configure it to establish an MQ client connection to the queue manager on the production box - assuming the firewall is properly open to allow MQ client connections.

Can you use telnet to connect to the MQ listener's port from the machine in the DMZ? Can you use amqscnxc to connect to the listener port from the DMZ? Have you configured MQFTE to make an MQ client connection, using hostname, port and channel or CCDT or etc?
rmarin71
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can.... Do I have to create a new QM on the server in the DMZ to be able to run runmqsc, currently it is connecting to the queue manager on the internal segment.
rmarin71
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get when I run the command

C:\Documents and Settings>amqscnxc
Sample AMQSCNXC start
Connecting to the default queue manager
with no client connection information specified.
MQCONNX ended with reason code 2058
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

rmarin71 wrote:
I can.... Do I have to create a new QM on the server in the DMZ to be able to run runmqsc, currently it is connecting to the queue manager on the internal segment.

No. You have to give up on the notion of using runmqsc to talk to a remote queue manager.

rmarin71 wrote:
This is what I get when I run the command

C:\Documents and Settings>amqscnxc
Sample AMQSCNXC start
Connecting to the default queue manager
with no client connection information specified.
MQCONNX ended with reason code 2058

Yes, that's because you have told it to connect to the default queue manager. Which doesn't exist.

You are struggling a bit because you are not solid on your fundamentals of MQ. Your best step at this point is to stop.

Take a few breaths, get yourself a fresh cuppa. Sit down. Review the documentation again a few times. Think about it some more. Then go back and review your setup again. Think about what you're trying to accomplish - run the MQFTE application on one machine talking to a queue manager on another machine.

Then review the documentation again, looking for the specific answers and steps you need in order to accomplish that.

Then try a couple more things, and if they don't work... review the documentation again.
rmarin71
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you,

I am an idiot, we have just got MQFTE in my institution. I have not had a lot of formal training and I am flying by seat of my pants because my management wants to get this in production asap. Thats why I am on here asking questions. Not to get torn apart.

HAVE A NICE DAY!
mqjeff
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

I understand the position you're in.

I'm not attempting to tear you apart.

I'm telling you to step back a bit and relax, and not run around trying everything at once.

It will make the experience better for you, and hopefully leave you with a better handle on your own setup so when you need to make changes or troubleshoot things later, you will be in a better position.
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

rmarin71 wrote:
I have not had a lot of formal training and I am flying by seat of my pants because my management wants to get this in production asap.

This is the fault of your management not you. We get this a lot.

rmarin71 wrote:
Thats why I am on here asking questions.

The problem (as my most worthy associate points out) is that your question doesn't have a simple answer except "you've made a number of fundamental errors in your installation & configuration".

rmarin71 wrote:
Not to get torn apart.

That's not torn apart. It gets worse round here.

rmarin71 wrote:
HAVE A NICE DAY!

Thank you; it's going quite well for me as it happens.

I echo the advice; sit down, take a breath, review what MQFTE needs and how that applies to your situation then work out what underlying components you need installed where.

You might also want to point out to your management that if they want it in production asap and working correctly they'd get better results from buying some experienced consultancy to both do the work and mentor you than they would from dropping this on your head and watch you scratch together a solution based on advice from a bunch of strangers on the Internet.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » AMQ8146 Windows
Jump to: