ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » (new to clustering) MQ Explorer vs runmqsc

(new to clustering) MQ Explorer vs runmqsc « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
jgooch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:22 am    Post subject: (new to clustering) MQ Explorer vs runmqsc Reply with quote

Acolyte

Hi,

We're setting up our first MQ cluster and I've noticed some strange behaviour.

We've four queue managers in the cluster, two of which are full repositories. We're paranoid enough to script everything through runmqsc but I'd like to be able to use MQ Explorer to browse the clustered qmgrs.

Here's the problem - when I view the repositories through Explorer, I can see all the clustered queues and the associated hosting qmgr. However, when I browse the partial repository qmgrs, I can only see their local queues. From the partial repository qmgrs, I can use amsqput to put messages to the clustered queues after which they do appear in Explorer.

I can create local, clustered queues in the partial repositories via runmqsc but not through Explorer (it complains that the qmgr is not part of the cluster).

I've refreshed everything and tried REFRESH and RESET but to no avail.

We're on Solaris and NT.

Thanks,

J.
jgooch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

Bizzarely, my colleague can see all the clustered queues on the partial repositories through his Explorer. This means that it is beginning to smell like "user error" but can anyone explain what's going on? NB I've got clustered queues turned on on the View menu.

Finally, I should have added that this is MQ v5.3.
jgooch
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acolyte

I'm probably talking to myself but I've sorted out the problem (turn it off and back on again - why didn't I think of that earlier?).

Tired, long day, home to bed, etc etc.

J.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » (new to clustering) MQ Explorer vs runmqsc
Jump to: