ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » run mq with domain user

run mq with domain user « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
sangminli
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: run mq with domain user Reply with quote

Voyager

we are having some issue with running mq with domain user on one Windows server which we don't have for other Windows servers.
1. We want to run mq with one domain user
2. the domain user is added into one domain group, and that domain group is added into local mqm group
3. in both dcom config and services, IBM MQSeries is configured to run with that domain user

But when IBM MQSeries starts, only amqsvc.exe is running with that domina user, all the mq proceses are running with MUSR_MQADMIN, which is really weird.

Anybody can advise?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Re: run mq with domain user Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

sangminli wrote:
we are having some issue with running mq with domain user on one Windows server which we don't have for other Windows servers.
1. We want to run mq with one domain user
2. the domain user is added into one domain group, and that domain group is added into local mqm group
3. in both dcom config and services, IBM MQSeries is configured to run with that domain user

But when IBM MQSeries starts, only amqsvc.exe is running with that domina user, all the mq proceses are running with MUSR_MQADMIN, which is really weird.

Anybody can advise?

2. This is so wrong. Check for V7 but AFAIK MQ does not support group inclusion (at least on windows). You would need to add all domain users of the domain mqm group into the local mqm group if the qmgr is running as local.

MUSR_MQADMIN is the windows equivalent of the local mqm user. Windows does not support group name = user name.

If you want to run MQ under a different user (domain user) use the first steps configuration wizzard. It will fix the dcom config and service users.

Have fun
sangminli
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: run mq with domain user Reply with quote

Voyager

fjb_saper wrote:

2. This is so wrong. Check for V7 but AFAIK MQ does not support group inclusion (at least on windows). You would need to add all domain users of the domain mqm group into the local mqm group if the qmgr is running as local.

MUSR_MQADMIN is the windows equivalent of the local mqm user. Windows does not support group name = user name.

If you want to run MQ under a different user (domain user) use the first steps configuration wizzard. It will fix the dcom config and service users.

Have fun

I am not quite sure about if group inclusion is supported or not. But in the infor center, they just say:
"Type domain mqm, or the name of a group that is a member of the local "mqm" group. (If you are using domain mqm, this exact string should be used because it is understood and used by WebSphere MQ)."
refer to http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.mq.amqtac.doc/wq10830_.htm
so as I understand, if i want to run mq as a domain user, I only need to add that id into domain mqm group or other domain group that is in the local mqm group.
And as i said, this setting works ok for other Windows servers.
I may give it a try to let the server admin to run the prepare mq wizard to add the domain mqadmin id.
thanks for you reply!
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Thanks for the link. Must be new for V7... go for it.!
exerk
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

fjb_saper wrote:

I'm sure that was there in V5.3 and V6.0, but it was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

exerk wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

I'm sure that was there in V5.3 and V6.0, but it was a long time ago, in a galaxy far away

Well I NEVER ran MQ on Windows as a domain user...
exerk
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

fjb_saper wrote:
exerk wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Well I NEVER ran MQ on Windows as a domain user...

Nor me, but the site I'm at now does not allow local users for applications, and they view WMQ as just 'another' application. It's a learning curve for me too I can assure you!

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » run mq with domain user
Jump to: