ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » QM Remoteadministration with Explorer Win NT

QM Remoteadministration with Explorer Win NT « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
scanner
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi

I have added a QMGR from a remote QMGR to my MQ Explorer called BA10. I want to add another QMGR called BA10 from another Server and the Explorer says the QMGR is still added to the console - errorcode AMQ4001. Is it not possible to add 2 QMGR with the same Name from different Server ?

Thanx for help

Arne
kolban
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Arne, yes it should be possible. Make sure that you are checking "Show a remote qyeue manager" and entering the queue manager name and connection address (IP or hostname and port). It is strongly recommended that you never have two queue managers with the same name in your environment. Even for testing. If you feel that you have a need for this, please post back why this is and maybe we can discuss.
scanner
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

i need this for a special project. The project want the same QM with the same name on different server.
can you help me to ad this two qm on my Win explorer
kolban
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Bring up MQExplorer ... on the QueueManagers folder on the left of the screen, right click.

Select Show Queue Manager ...

Check the radio button "Show a remote queue manager"

Enter the name of the queue manager and the IP address or hostname of the target machine which hosts that queue manager.

Ensure that on that system the queue manager has a SYSTEM.ADMIN.SVRCONN channel of type SVRCONN defined as well as having an MQ Listener and that the command server is running.
scanner
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

i have done this steps. It works trouble-free when the QM Names are different. The problems persist only in this special situation ! The explorer means the Qm name is still exists.
kolban
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2001 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Hmmm it sounds like MQExplorer has a belief that if two queue managers have the same name then you are actually trying to define two connections to the same queue manager ... in principle, not a meaningful thing to do. The only option I can think off now is to run two instancies of MQSeries Explorer and in one connect to the local queue manager and in the other, hide the local queue manager and connect to the remote one.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » General IBM MQ Support » QM Remoteadministration with Explorer Win NT
Jump to: