ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Is there any use the WMQ ESE?

Is there any use the WMQ ESE? « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
Slave
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:25 am    Post subject: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Novice

Hi, friends

Is there any use the WMQ ESE?

Suggest me please how I can add remote queue manager to TAMBI protected space?
Vitor
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Slave wrote:
Is there any use the WMQ ESE?

Yes, if you want additional security features not provided by the base product.

Slave wrote:

What have you tried? What went wrong? What does the documentation say?
Slave
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Novice

Vitor wrote:
Slave wrote:

What have you tried? What went wrong? What does the documentation say?

Actually, I have installed WMQ ESE v5.1.1.6.. But I have only local Queue manager connected to TAMBI protected space. Documentations say nothing as far as I know. But I may have missed something..

I need an add remote queue manager to TAMBI protected space.. But I don't know the procedure how to do it..
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

Slave wrote:
I need an add remote queue manager to TAMBI protected space.. But I don't know the procedure how to do it..

I am sure there is a how to somewhere in the doc. try and let us know.
Slave
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Novice

fjb_saper wrote:
Slave wrote:

well, well, well....

as I wrote above:
Slave wrote:
Actually, I have installed WMQ ESE v5.1.1.6.. But I have only local Queue manager connected to TAMBI protected space.

I wrote about the possibility of adding only local queue manager to protected space..
I had read the Documentations... but Admin Gude for TAMBI v5.1.1.6 say nothing about my question.. ("as far as I know" - had been added on the safe side )...

as for my first part of question, I some missed.. I would like to say: have an anybody usage TABMI for MQ security for your business?

fjb_saper wrote:

Please advise me where? in this case somewhere is nowhere..
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Slave wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Have you word-searched the document on the keyword 'remote'?
Slave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Novice

exerk wrote:
Slave wrote:
fjb_saper wrote:

Have you word-searched the document on the keyword 'remote'?

Please search yourself know-all..
Please read my post above more carefully.. I wrote that the TAMBI Admin Guide hasn't any information about adding remote queue managers to TAMBI protected space.. As I know the Admin Guide is the main document about product.. But I had the google-word-search too..

I have a questions to person who have the installed TAMBI..

Actually I understand that TAMBI( WMQ ESE) is never used in the world..
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:36 am    Post subject: Re: Is there any use the WMQ ESE? Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Slave wrote:
...Please search yourself know-all.. .

More than happy to; please post the the link to where I can download the manual, and I'll have a look. I haven't used ESE yet, but I am familiar with IBM documentation and have been 'bitten' before where I've looked for something and not found it because I was looking for the 'wrong' thing. It's why I asked if you'd word-searched...
Slave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

No problem..

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itamfbi.doc_5.1/welcome.htm
Sometimes before I sent this question for IBM Tech Support.. in the silence actually
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

So, did THIS not work?
Slave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

exerk wrote:
So, did THIS not work?

Thanks! I'm really grateful! But this is the process to add local queue managers to protected space...
exerk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Council

So (and bear with me here because I'm on a learning curve with no previous reference points) it can't 'spider' out via a Tivoli Agent to queue managers within the 'domain'?
Slave
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

exerk wrote:
So (and bear with me here because I'm on a learning curve with no previous reference points) it can't 'spider' out via a Tivoli Agent to queue managers within the 'domain'?

If I had to get right you talk about adding various queue managers to different Domains? It is no true because the term "Domain" is attribute to IDS( IBM Directory Server) which incorporate many users for grant access to TAMBI objects..

We have a command:
pdmqsvrcfg -action add -qm QM_TEST ....

which scanned file systems to find MQ Objects and put them into TAM protected space.. this command cannot find remote queue objects..
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

From what you are telling us, I think you are going about this the wrong way.
You should add a local qmgr to a share TAMBI protected space between multiple hosts. So each host that has a qmgr is part of the same TAMBI Domain... Then you add the local qmgr on each host to that domain.

Note that I have absolutely no experience with the product, and am just looking at the problem in a different way...

Have fun
Michael Dag
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Slave wrote:
exerk wrote:

If I had to get right you talk about adding various queue managers to different Domains? It is no true because the term "Domain" is attribute to IDS( IBM Directory Server) which incorporate many users for grant access to TAMBI objects..

We have a command:
pdmqsvrcfg -action add -qm QM_TEST ....

which scanned file systems to find MQ Objects and put them into TAM protected space.. this command cannot find remote queue objects..

this section talks about all queue types local, remote, model, alias http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v2r1/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.itamfbi.doc_5.1/ADM51mst81.htm

you talk about remote queue managers and remote queues those are totally different things, so please let us know what you are talking about.

as far as I know the PDMQ deamons must run on the machine the queue manager is on so from that perspective a Queue Manager must always be local to TAMBI agent.

with all security needs you are just 'ahead' of us and get to deal with the product, consider yourself priviliged and we can 'help' each other this way

MQSystems Facebook page

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Is there any use the WMQ ESE?
Jump to: