ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Compiling C++ MQ-Code under WinNT using Borland

Compiling C++ MQ-Code under WinNT using Borland « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
tony@work
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to get a Borland C++ Compiler to recognise the imqc23vn.lib file when 'building' an MQ-Client Application?

All the evironment/project settings include the location (path) of this *.lib file. My code compiles ok, yet fails to recognise/find the MQ-C++ Classes/Methods during 'build' time. (Am I on the right file track, or is there something else that I may have possibly overlooked?)

All the examples in the IBM books and misc. resources refer to Microsoft Visual C++ as the compiler of choice, which isn't a lot of use if you are a Borland user.

Thanks in advance ...
Tony.
bower5932
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

It has been a while (over 3 years), but I believe the problem you are encountering is with the signature of the functions inside the library. I thought that you had to run some kind of utility (implib?) against the DLL to generate a Borland version of the library that you link against. Sorry that I can't remember any more....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Armin
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2001 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Maybe the article at http://www.bcbdev.com/articles/vcdll.htm will help you. It describes how to call MS Visual C++ DLL from Borland. I know, MQSeries has no dll but library files. But it maybe will give a good starting point to understand the problem. If you get it to work, please post your solution in this forum. I'm very interested in using Borland C++ Builder with mqseries. Would be nice to have IBM deliver libraries for Borland C++ / Delphi Compilers.

Good luck
Armin
mr.red
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use exploit coff2omf.exe from following path
($BCB)bin to convert VC format.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Compiling C++ MQ-Code under WinNT using Borland
Jump to: