ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE Help needed

MQFTE Help needed « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
hkaranam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:47 am    Post subject: MQFTE Help needed Reply with quote

Hi,

Iam very New to MQFTE. Iam using Datapower to place the Message to SYSTEM.FTE.COMMAND.AGENT1.But i not able to see the file transfer.Is that any thing wrong iam doing here.I have seen so many posts but could not able to resolve this issue.Can any one please help me how to debug after placing the message in queue SYSTEM.FTE.COMMAND.AGENT1. and is any steps how to troubleshoot from here is greatly appreciated.
example XML
matthew1001
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:03 am    Post subject: Diagnostic Information Reply with quote

Novice

Hi there,

Is the command message removed from the SYSTEM.FTE.COMMAND.AGENT1 queue? (This will confirm whether or not that agent has received the command.)

Have you subscribed to the SYSTEM.FTE/Log topic on your coordination queue manager, or are you using the WebSphere MQ Explorer to monitor FTE transfers? I'm guessing you're using the latter and that you're not seeing any transfers appear in the FTE?

If you could let us know a bit more about your setup that would be useful.

Cheers, Matt
hkaranam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Yes the Message is removed from SYSTEM.FTE.COMMAND.AGENT1 queue.Not sure where its going.With out XML if click on ManageTransfer in MQ Explorer and give AGENT and file the file gets transferred but only if place XML iam not able to see the progress.I have not done any sub subscription to SYSTEM.FTE/Log.Please let me know the steps so that i will do.Using MQ file Transfer Edition in MQExplorer the File transfer is working fine.But if i place the XML in the Agent Queue no idea whats happening next.Please let me know the steps what needs to be done to debug after placing the message in the Queue.i can give the XML to you for your rference.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><request version="1.00"xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="FileTransfer.xsd"><managedTransfer><originator><hostName>BTP5ND03.cts.com</hostName><userID>214825</userID></originator><sourceAgent agent="AGENT1" QMgr="QMDP01"/><destinationAgent agent="AGENT_QMDP01" QMgr="QMDP01"/><transferSet priority="0"><item mode="binary" checksumMethod="MD5"><source recursive="false" disposition="leave"><file>c:\hari.txt</file></source><destination type="file" exist="error"><file>c:\haritransfer.txt</file></destination></item></transferSet></managedTransfer></request>

Please let me know the steps Matt.i have stuck with this for the past 2 days.no clue whats so ever.Please help in this regard

Thanks & Regars
Hariprasad.K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Hariprasad,

Are you using version 7.0.0 of WMQ FTE?

There are a couple of things you could check.

1 - Can you run fteListAgents to confirm that the agents are able to publish to the coordination queue manager? If both agents are listed then log messages should be reaching the coordination queue manager and they should show up in the MQ explorer

2 - Can you check if there are any messages on the SYSTEM.FTE.STATE.agent_name queue for each of the agents?

Cheers, Matt
hkaranam
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt

Yes using version 7.0 WMQFTE

I have run the fteListAgents command and iam able to see the Agents name with the Corresponding QueueManager.

How and where can i see the log message in the MQExplorer?

No Matt there are no messages in the SYSTEM.FTE.STATE.AGENT1 Queeu for each agents

If both agents are listed then log messages should be reaching the coordination queue manager and they should show up in the MQ explorer

Here is the details how we configured WMQFTE

1.Installed WMQFTE Server giving Co-ordination(QMDP01) and Agent(QMDP01) Queue Managers in binding mode and Agent as AGENT1
2.Installed WMQFTE remote tools(MQ explorer plug in for FTE)
3.Created the another agent(AGENT_QMDP01) as destination by using the command
fteCreateAgent -agentName AGENT_QMDP01 -agentQMgr QMDP01 -agentQMgrHost IP -agentQMgrPort 1415 -agentQMgrChannel SYSTEM.DEF.SVRCONN -f
4.Started two Agents
ftestartAgent AGENT1
ftestartAgent AGENT_QMDP01
5.Able to Ping Both the Agents
6.By using MQ Explorer's ManagedfileTransfer able to transfer a file from C drive to d drive by using the above created Agents.
However iam unable to do the same by placing XML command Message in the Queue (SYSTEM.FTE.COMMAND.AGENT1) of Source Agent Queue Manager Messages are picked up .I could able to see Message is picked by Application \IBM\WMQFTE\jre\bin\java.exe.This i could able to See in MQExplorer Queue Status.

Basically iam trying to transfer a file from one windows system to another windows system using two agents.please let me know if the above steps followed are correct or please provide me the steps on how to achieve this.

Note: Queue Managers are not in cluster.

Apprecite your Quick Response

Thanks & Regards
Hariprasad K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Hariprasad,

You can use the MQ explorer to view messages published to the SYSTEM.FTE/Log topic by viewing the right-clicking on the topic object on the coordination queue manager and selecting "Test Subscription"

You then need to unsubscribe to SYSTEM.FTE (hit the unsubscribe button) and add "/Log" onto the topic string before hitting subscribe again.

If you have an error in your command message, when you place it on the agent command queue, the agent will send a message to this topic to say that it was received and that there was something wrong with it. At present, the FTE agent does nothing else with the message (i.e. it disappears from existence) but this is something we might improve at some point.

Try the above to see if you receive an error in on the SYSTEM.FTE/Log topic.

Cheers, Matt
hkaranam
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

I right clicked on the topic System.FTE topic and tried to unsubscribe and subscribe with Topic String as System.FTE/Log.But iam not able to see the messages
in the Message Recieved text area of System.fte topic.

As mentioned earlier can you please let me know the steps for transfering a file from one windows to another windows system using two fte server Agents

Thanks & Regards
Hariprasad.K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Hariprasad,

The steps you've used to setup FTE sound correct, and given that you can transfer files successfully using the Managed File Transfer section of the MQ Explorer, it sounds like that basic FTE setup is correct.

The problem you've described is that you're trying to manually submit new transfer requests directly to the source agent's command queue.

If the message is removed from the queue (which I think you've said it is) it suggests that the agent is reading the message but that there is an error in the XML or the CCSID of the MQ message.

One thing I would suggest is to compare the message submitted from the MQ explorer and the message you are submitting manually (you need to compare the XML content and the MQ headers). You should be able to do this by following these steps:

1 - Stop both agents
2 - Use the MQ explorer to submit a new transfer request
This message will go to the source agent command queue but not be retrieved because the agent isn't running/
3 - Submit your manual command message to the source agent command queue.
4 - Use the MQ explorer to browse the source agent command queue. There should be 2 messages on the queue - the one submitted by the MQ explorer and the one you've submitted manually.

Check that the XML content of both match, and that the headers (CCSIDs etc) are identical. If there are any differences, they might be what's causing the problem.

Cheers, Matt
hkaranam
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the Help Matt, After all the struggling i found out that its an XML formatting problem .Now its working fine

Thanks & Regards
Hariprasad K
hkaranam
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt,

Can you please let us know how to transfer file from one windows system to another windows system using MQ Network.Will MQ cluster be a right option for this? if so please let us know the steps.

Thanks & Regards
Hariprasad K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Hariprasad,

I'm glad you resolved the issue with the XML.

Regarding connecting your MQ queue managers, clustering is one way of doing it, although you could go with the more manual approach and configure message channels and transmit queues yourself.

There's a short article on the FTE InfoCenter which describes some of the steps you need to take if you're not using clustering:

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wmqfte.admin.doc/configuring_v6_qms.htm

One benefit of using clustering is that it can help to reduce the administration overheads as it handles channels and transmission queues for you.
hkaranam
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt

We did tried with clusters and without clusters

we have two mq fte instances in two different windows systems like below
System1
Agent name: AGENT1
AGENT/Coordination/Command Queue Manager: QMDP01
System2
Agent name: AGENT_CQM
AGENT/Coordination/Command Queue Manager: CQM
Both agents are up and running.
with clusters
1.Created a cluster(named as TEST) with queue managers QMDP01 and CQM as full repositories.
cluster receiver and sender channels got created.
2.Started cluster channels.
3.When tried to initiate file transfer using ManagedFileTransfer using mq explorer of system1, not able to
see agent_CQM in destination agent drop down
Without clusters
1.In QMDP01
a.Created transmission queue, cQM
b.created sender channel,QMDP01.TO.CQM giving tranmission queue as CQM
and conn name as ipaddress(port) of CQM
c.Created receiver channel, CQM.TO.QMDP01
d.Created listener,QMDP01
e.started sender channel and listener created in above steps b and d respectively
2.In CQM
a.Created transmission queue, QMDP01
b.created sender channel,CQM.TO.QMDP01 giving tranmission queue as QMDP01
and conn name as ipaddress(port) of QMDP01
c.Created receiver channel, QMDP01.TO.CQM
d.Created listener,CQM
e.started sender channel and listener created in above steps b and d respectively
3.When tried to initiate file transfer using ManagedFileTransfer using mq explorer of system1, not able to
see agent_CQM in destination agent drop down

please let us know if we are missing some step or doing something wrong.

Appreciate your help.

Regards
Hariprasad K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi Hariprasad,

I think you were on the right lines with the cluster setup, but probably had some minor issues which caused AGENT_CQM not to show up in the MQ explorer plugin.

1 - Which of the queue managers is being used as the coordination queue manager? This is the queue manager which has the SYSTEM.FTE topic and SYSTEM.FTE.DATABASELOGGER.REJECT and SYSTEM.FTE.DATABASELOGGER.COMMAND queues defined on it.

2 - Is the user which AGENT_CQM is running as, authorised to publish on the coordination queue manager? If it isn't, the agent will be unable to publish its status to the SYSTEM.FTE/Agent topic on the coordination queue manager, and therefore will not show up in the MQ explorer drop-down box.

If you subscribe to SYSTEM.FTE/# on the coordination queue manager, do you see messages published from the agent when you start it?

Cheers, Matt
hkaranam
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Matt

1.In both the instance we have one Queue Manager serving as Agent,Coordination,command QueueManager
2.how to create user which AGENT_CQM is running as in system1 in order to give publish/subscribe permissions on system.fte topic.
It would be great if you could share us the steps on doing file transfer(cluster) from one system to another system with multiple agents being
on each of those.

Thanks
Hariprasad K
matthew1001
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Novice

Hi there,

I think regarding setting up MQ authorities you'd be better off posting on the general WebSphere MQ forum at

http://www.mqseries.net/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=5&sid=3cdccfc9012660d60285746b5ee5c8b6

or reading the relevant chapter of MQ authorities in the MQ InfoCenter at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqv7/v7r0/index.jsp

These are really questions for MQ, not MQ FTE.

Regarding the FTE setup, you would typically have 1 FTE coordination queue manager for your FTE network. Can I suggest you take a look at the FTE topology overview in the WebSphere MQ File Transfer Edition InfoCenter at

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmqfte/v7r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.wmqfte.overview.doc/topology.htm

I'm on annual leave for the next week so I'll respond to any further queries when I return next week, unless someone else responds before then.

Many thanks,

Matt

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ File Transfer Edition » MQFTE Help needed
Jump to: