ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1

Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
alphasophie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:39 am    Post subject: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 Reply with quote

Hi all,

Everything was running fine until we installed the Security Update for windows Server 2003(KB969947).

Since then the queue manager doesn't start (with MQ Explorer) and we got this issue: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1.

We are using the version 6.1 of MQ. There is only one Queue Manager on this server(QM01).
We checked User and password, and it seems OK (dcomcnfg).

The funny part is that we made the update on another server which has the same configuration and we have no trouble with it.

Any suggestion will be of great help!!!

Another thing is that the service "IBM Websphere Application Server V6.1 -ServerName CellManager01" disappeared on the list. Does anyone know if this service is still in use?

Thanks in advanced

alphasophie
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x80070 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alphasophie wrote:
The funny part is that we made the update on another server which has the same configuration and we have no trouble with it.

Welcome to Windows.

Is it a local or a domain id? Is it the same type on both machines?
alphasophie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 Reply with quote

Hi Vitor and thanks for your reply!

It is a domain ID and we are using it on both machines.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x80070 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alphasophie wrote:
It is a domain ID and we are using it on both machines.

Well domain ids are never a good idea with WMQ (many discussions in here) and I would theorise that something about this update, combined with how the failing machine communicates with the domain controller, is causing a problem.

But how that helps you solve your problem I'm not sure.

I always use local ids for this sort of thing. I don't know if that's a possibility for you, or how you'd justify the change to your site management (if necessary)
alphasophie
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 Reply with quote

Thanks

Indeed, as we are in development, I'm connecting to several servers from a local machine. We had to create a domain user to resolve a problem of access.

Another reason being that we have to give to this user access to printers (and he must be in a domain).

I suppose that the question is : if we came back to a local user, can we find issues to those needs?

Guys here are talking about restore a backup and install updates one by one...
mqjeff
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grand Master

Someone changed something when the security fix was applied.

Someone did something *different* on this machine than on the other machine, or the other machine is a domain controller.
Vitor
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x80070 Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

alphasophie wrote:
I suppose that the question is : if we came back to a local user, can we find issues to those needs?

You need to distinguish between those people using the queue manager, and the user that runs the queue manager. It sounds a lot like you're using a domain user to run/administer the queue manager and that never works out well (unless as my worthy associate says the machine is itself a domain controller).

Have the WMQ services (including the queue manager) running as a local id, and add the domain user to the mqm group to permit administration.

I doubt the service user will need to print hard copy of many emails...
PeterPotkay
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

We run all our Windows MQ servers with MQ set to run as a domain ID that is in the "domain mqm" group, as detailed in the Windows MQ Quick Beginnings.
bruce2359
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poobah

Moved to Security forum.
alphasophie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:41 am    Post subject: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 Reply with quote

Thanks to all of you!

I'm a little confused now. We restored a backup and it's still not running.
What they did this week-end on this server is a mystery (our servers are in Germany).

The other server (which runs fine) is not a domain controlller.

Concerning your suggestion, we followed the doc to create a Domain user in the domain mqm.
And yes you right, we mixed up the user who are using the queue with those who runs the queue...

As you said, we'll "Have the WMQ services (including the queue manager) running as a local id, and add the domain user to the mqm group to permit administration".

I'll came back to you to say how it worked
Thanks
alphasophie
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1 Reply with quote

Hi All,

We found a way to start the Queue Manager but we still don't know why we had those troubles.

Anyway, we had to go to the registry and put paths for the application amqmsrvn (mentioned in the error message) under quotes.

Still looking for the reason(s)

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ Security » Initialization of resource 'amqmsrnv' failed, rc=0x800700c1
Jump to: