ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Creating MQRFH2 Headers using C#(.net)

Creating MQRFH2 Headers using C#(.net) « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
nikhilsharma
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Creating MQRFH2 Headers using C#(.net) Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi,

I want to use MQRFH2 headers using .net application.I need info on below stated points :
a) Which Library or DLL need to be refer
b) Is there any Sample codes to use Headers using C# ?

I am able to send and receive msg to and from MQ using C#.

Thanks
Vitor
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Creating MQRFH2 Headers using C#(.net) Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

nikhilsharma wrote:
a) Which Library or DLL need to be refer

Use XMS

b) Is there any Sample codes to use Headers using C# ?

nikhilsharma wrote:
I am able to send and receive msg to and from MQ using C#.

In the usual places
shashikanth_in
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

It will be good if you could give us brief details on the reasons for going with RFH2. Are you planning to do Pub/Sub?
msseries2rahul
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: We want to send Metadata and other parameters through header Reply with quote

We want to send Meta data and other parameters through headers.

We have installed IBM WebSphere MQ, Version 6.0 client and in our .NET application and added reference to "amqmdmet.dll" from " ~ \IBM\WebSphere MQ\bin".

At server we have IN and OUT queues configured and we are able to read and write messages using Put and Get methods of " IBM.WMQ.MQQueue" respectively.

Now we want to use use MQRFH2 Headers. Some how we got to know that RFH2 headers are not supported by WMQ v6 client and we may have to use XMS.NET instead of WMQ client.
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: We want to send Metadata and other parameters through he Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

msseries2rahul wrote:
Some how we got to know that RFH2 headers are not supported by WMQ v6 client

Some how? How? Spirit voices? Possibly the kind of spirit that comes in glasses?

The RFH2 headers are not supported by any of the "base" WMQ methods because they're part of the message. So they're not a header in the sense the MQMD is a header. Having said that the RFH2 is a published structure and is well supported by a number of additional methods over and above the base. For non-Java XMS is the recommended method of support.

msseries2rahul wrote:
we may have to use XMS.NET instead of WMQ client.

No, you may have to use XMS in addition to the client. Unless you decide to use a managed connection.
msseries2rahul
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: how can i get this XMS which is addition to the client Reply with quote

Thanks,

I am completely new to this API and bees asked use IBM MQ though our existing .NET app.

how can i get this XMS which is addition to the client. Any tips of sample code.

Thanks
Rahul
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: how can i get this XMS which is addition to the client Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

msseries2rahul wrote:
how can i get this XMS which is addition to the client.

It's a support pac, link at the top of this page.

msseries2rahul wrote:
Any tips of sample code.

Next to the support pac link.
shashikanth_in
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Centurion

You can get XMS .NET from:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=171&uid=swg24011756&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en.

It comes with Samples also.

HTH.
msseries2rahul
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks but this link doent help us Reply with quote

Thanks but this link doent help us
Vitor
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks but this link doent help us Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

msseries2rahul wrote:

Works fine when I try it. How about the link at the top of the page?
fjb_saper
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Thanks but this link doent help us Reply with quote

Grand High Poobah

msseries2rahul wrote:

ask for support pack IA9H...
msseries2rahul
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 pm    Post subject: Got the solution Reply with quote

We have to add reference of one more dll "amqsoap" to get the extended functionality of headers.

Now import/using IBM.WMQSOAP we can have RFH2Message and respective functions.
manooh
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Share some code Reply with quote

msseries2rahul, I'm trying to get rid of RFH2 header from message after reading it in but no luck yet! Can you please share some code where you are accessing header related information after using "amqsoap"? Thanks for your help!
smdavies99
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Share some code Reply with quote

Jedi Council

Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow this side of Never-never land.

manooh wrote:
msseries2rahul, I'm trying to get rid of RFH2 header from message after reading it in but no luck yet! Can you please share some code where you are accessing header related information after using "amqsoap"? Thanks for your help!

The previous poster 'msseries2rahul' has only posted here 4 times and not since 2009. I think it is safe to say that he won't see your request.

In future please do not reopen a SEVEN year old thread. Open a new one and reference this one.
IF you are having issues with RFH2 headers then tell us what they are. The original post referred to limitations in MQ V6. We are on MQ V8 or even V9 now. Things have moved on and there are possibly other ways to do what you want to do.

Every time you reinvent the wheel the more square it gets (anon). If in doubt think and investigate before you ask silly questions.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » IBM MQ API Support » Creating MQRFH2 Headers using C#(.net)
Jump to: