ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling Security exceptions in SOAPInput

Handling Security exceptions in SOAPInput « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
shalabh1976
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Handling Security exceptions in SOAPInput Reply with quote

Partisan

As per the documentation
-"If you have designed the flow to be in a secure area and you want to explicitly perform processing of security exceptions, you can select the Treat Security Exceptions as normal exceptions property on the input nodes. This causes security exceptions to be processed in the same way as other exceptions in the message flow."
This can be found in http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wmbhelp/v6r1m0/topic/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ap04080_.htm

However this option is not available in the SOAP Input node. So how do we enable secutiry exceptions in the SOAPInput to be available on the failure terminal.
IBM Cert. DB2 9 DB Associate
JT
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Padawan

Look into establishing a security profile.

Quote:
When a message arrives at an input node, a security profile associated with the node indicates whether runtime security is configured. The broker’s security manager is called to read the profile, which specifies the combination of propagation, authentication, authorization and mapping to be performed with the identity of the message. It also specifies the external security provider to be used. You can create security profiles using either the mqsicreateconfigurableservice command or an editor in the Broker Administration perspective of the Message Broker Toolkit. You then use the Broker Archive editor to configure the security profile on the message flow.
shalabh1976
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Partisan

Hi,
We tried to do this
SOAP Input Node -> Properties -> Error Handling Tab -> Route inbound SOAP processing to failure terminal (select this checkbox).
However the message still did not appear at the failure terminal when an invalid security scenario was run.
Does this mean that security exceptions cannot be routed to the failure terminal for the SOAP Input node?
IBM Cert. DB2 9 DB Associate
dziku007
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apprentice

Hi, I would like to reopen this question. Because I also ask myself why there is no such option as "Treat Security Exceptions as normal exceptions" in SOAPInput node. I have SOAPInput node which has securityProfile configured with external authentication provider. I would like to process (using my custom procedure) authentication error on webservice request.
According to https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSMKHH_10.0.0/com.ibm.etools.mft.doc/ap04080_.htm there is such option designed for MQInput node or HTTPInput node, but SOAPInput node seems to be excluded.

I could write some proxy flow which receive soap message, then invoke SecurityPEP node to invoke authentication (with custom security exception procedure) and later invoke my origin flow, but it seems a bit overwhelming.

Is there any built in solution?
Using IIB 9.0.0.9

Thank You for any help.

MQSeries.net Forum Index » WebSphere Message Broker (ACE) Support » Handling Security exceptions in SOAPInput
Jump to: