ASG
IBM
Zystems
Cressida
Icon
Netflexity

MQSeries.net
Search  Search       Tech Exchange      Education      Certifications      Library      Info Center      SupportPacs      LinkedIn  Search  Search                                                                   FAQ  FAQ   Usergroups  Usergroups

Register  ::  Log in Log in to check your private messages

RSS Feed - WebSphere MQ Support RSS Feed - Message Broker Support

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering workload balancing and failover problem

Clustering workload balancing and failover problem « View previous topic :: View next topic » 
priyasl
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:24 pm    Post subject: Clustering workload balancing and failover problem Reply with quote

I have a cluster setup with three queue managers(QM1, QM2, QM3) defined. Two queue managers(QM1, QM2) hold full repository for the cluster. For including the third queuemanager(QM3) in the cluster i defined a cluster receiver channel.

1. When i give the cmd, display clusqmgr(*), only the queue mgrs with repositories(QM1, QM2) are displayed and the third queue manager(QM3) is not displayed.
So how do i add a non-repository queue manager to a cluster?

2. I have two cluster queues(CQ) with the same name in two of the three clustered queue managers.i.e, QM1 and QM3 have CQ.
QM1 has a cluster-sender channel(TO.QM2) and a cluster-receiver channel(TO.QM1).
QM2 has a cluster-sender channel(TO.QM1) and a cluster-receiver channel(TO.QM2).
QM3 has a cluster-receiver channel(TO.QM3) and a cluster-sender channel(TO.QM2).
From my java client i connect to QM2 and try to put messages to the cluster queue CQ, the messages are put only into the CQ of QM1, instead of being distributed between the queues of QM1 and QM3. Once the maximum depth of CQ in MQ1 is reached, i get the error 2085(overflow error). How do i make the messages to be distributed between the two clustered queues of QM1 and QM3 in a round-robin fashion.
vennela
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jedi Knight

Check if the channels between QM2 and QM3 are up and running. See if the clustered queue is propogated across all the QMGRS.
In your java program when you open the CQ check if you have the openOptions as BIND_ON_OPEN. You may explicitly set it to BIND_NOT_FIXED.

I have successfully run the following java program with your setup. Hope this helps.

import com.ibm.mq.*;
import java.io.*;

public class MQSample
{
private String qManager = "QM2";

private MQQueueManager qMgr;

public static void main(String args[]) {
new MQSample();
}

public MQSample(){
try{
qMgr = new MQQueueManager(qManager);
int openOptions = MQC.MQOO_OUTPUT ;

MQQueue system_default_local_queue = qMgr.accessQueue("CQ", openOptions);

MQMessage hello_world = new MQMessage();
hello_world.writeString("Hello World!1");

MQPutMessageOptions pmo = new MQPutMessageOptions();

system_default_local_queue.put(hello_world,pmo);
system_default_local_queue.close();

qMgr.disconnect();
}
catch (MQException ex)
{
System.out.println("An MQSeries error occurred : Completion code " + ex.completionCode + " Reason code " + ex.reasonCode);
}

catch (java.io.IOException ex)
{
System.out.println("An error occurred whilst writing to the message buffer: " + ex);
}
}
}

---
Venny

MQSeries.net Forum Index » Clustering » Clustering workload balancing and failover problem
Jump to: